Author Topic: Nikon Z6 III  (Read 5220 times)

aerobat

• NG Member
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
Re: Nikon Z6 III
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2024, 22:24:09 »
New pictures on Nikonrumors suggest it will have a sensor shield which is a very good thing.
Daniel Diggelmann

Darkslide

• NG Supporter
  • Be patient - I'm new!
    • Ian Grandjean Photography
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2024, 10:36:40 »
It's a very good thing - however I see no evidence to show this over on Nikon Rumors....
Ian Grandjean
Cameras, lenses, stuff...

aerobat

• NG Member
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2024, 10:40:43 »
Daniel Diggelmann

Darkslide

• NG Supporter
  • Be patient - I'm new!
    • Ian Grandjean Photography
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2024, 10:42:07 »
OK - hadn't seen the 2nd image - my bad ;)
Ian Grandjean
Cameras, lenses, stuff...

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2024, 04:25:03 »
The sensor shield may suggest the elimination of the mechanical shutter?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2024, 07:40:45 »
Supposedly, Nikon got some exclusivity thing for a stacked sensor with Sony and that brings a fat pricetag of £2700, or according to some post in an Australian group, $4500.  That is very expensive.
I am using the Z6, so an upgrade would be great.  The sensor shield is a welcomed feature.  I do hope for a higher MPix count, maybe 30-36.  24 falls short for me to use it as a hybrid body.  I do need good low-light performance but I also need some resolution for lower power objectives, so 3.5~4.5um pixels is the best balance in my opinion for my sort of work.

4k at 120 FPS would be nice, 6k would be lovely as I can do dynamic zooms for microscopy films.  :P
If the pricetag leaks are real, Nikon will have to justify it. 
(I want 16-bit raw, is that too much of an ask?  It has been how many decades and we are still stuck at 14?  Why are these camera companies so "conservative"?)
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V3 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2024, 08:02:25 »
The 14-bit raw seems to be only beneficial at lower ISO settings.

Also, the 16-bit raw should slow down the readout speed owing to its increased data size and thus could make the rolling shutter effect more apparent.

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2024, 12:42:40 »
Well, we have 1 hour and 19 minutes left.
Say hi anyway.

@Akira Yeah greater bitdepth is similar to high QE%, great when you are spoiled with light.  When there is not enough light, bigger pixels produce cleaner images (lower read noise etc.)
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V3 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

bressong

• NG Member
  • a nikon user
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2024, 14:40:28 »
18999RMB 25th.June for shipping

for such price, why not buy Z63?

s5m2, a7m4, EVEN ZF is better choice, unless you really use Z63 as as a video body

bressong

• NG Member
  • a nikon user
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2024, 14:41:25 »
the funny thing is right now Z8 is 22000rmb in china 8)

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Hugh Gunn

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2024, 15:37:33 »
Well, we have 1 hour and 19 minutes left.
Say hi anyway.

@Akira Yeah greater bitdepth is similar to high QE%, great when you are spoiled with light.  When there is not enough light, bigger pixels produce cleaner images (lower read noise etc.)

Have you already got one!   :o  Hope you enjoy your advanced purchase.

As for the bit depth, I would think that it is beneficial for the smoother gradation like the bright orange to dark blue seen at dawn or sunset.  The shadow detail will, as you say, depend on the physical dynamic range of the CMOS cells.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2024, 18:38:41 »
I got the press kit with plenty of example files. Mostly quite boring stuff, but shows selected photographers have been out shooting with the Z6.3 for half a year or so.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2024, 18:50:03 »
Ricci has used the Z6III for some months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTej8zJFCXY

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2024, 19:06:55 »

The Zf does not support cable release or remote triggering of SB-5000's via radio; does not support vertical grip and uses only those very small and flimsy SD and MicroSD cards. The Z6 III supports all of these accessories and proper memory cards.

If I had had thought it possible that Nikon offers zero cable release options for the Zf, I would not have purchased it. However, I got over my shock and love the Zf for its thin profile and dials. But it doesn't service as a true backup camera as if I use the SB-5000's on my primary camera and the latter fails, the Zf, nice as it is to use, cannot take those shots with remote flash. So in the end I have to purchase yet another camera.

As for Panasonic, Sony etc, they don't work with my Nikon lenses or accessories even to the degree that the Zf does. I wonder how many people spend thousands of euros on a camera body and is not already in ownership of multiple lenses and accessories and thus basically to maintain interoperability has to stay within brand. I can't really think of anyone. Sure, you can own multiple brands but how does that make things easier? Building of reflexes for instinctive use of the camera is important so having to deal with different button layouts, different directions of mounting lenses, different menus all make it harder to always be ready with the correct settings when the moment of a lifetime presents itself. So no, not considering other brands of cameras at all. Would I consider them if they used my Nikon lenses? No. Nikon already makes too many UI changes seemingly in a random fashion, switching between brands would make it still harder.