Author Topic: Z8 recall  (Read 2939 times)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: Z8 recall
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2023, 19:09:54 »
I collected my camera this afternoon, took a week. :)

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2023, 22:43:24 »
Picked up on Thursday, returned on Tuesday. Excellent, much faster than expected!

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2023, 12:44:45 »
I have now been given a pickup date of 21 August, two months after I registered for the recall.
Anthony Macaulay

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2023, 17:31:50 »
I have now been given a pickup date of 21 August, two months after I registered for the recall.

Since your camera actually displayed symptoms, you could have taken/sent it to service without waiting for a pickup label. I understand the cost of shipping is not zero and there was no way of knowing it would take them so long, but if you have an actual manifestation of a fault that prevents the camera from being safely used (instead of a possible fault that may or may not materialize in the future) then it is probably better to bypass the recall queue. I really think Nikon meant the queuing for people whose cameras are asymptomatic and I would have been surprised if they had not given your camera priority if contacted and told that the lens actually comes off on its own (if they would not, then they really do deserve some criticism). In my country there was no offer of free shipping for these recalls. But there didn't seem to be much of a queue here.

Anyway I hope your camera comes back from repair quickly and properly repaired and you can enjoy using it again soon. Two months is a very long wait.

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2023, 14:17:21 »
Thanks, Ilkka, I did tell them it was actually faulty, but they said they were waiting for parts.

Fortunately I have other cameras, so I could sit out the wait.

But the Z8 is likely to be my favourite, so I look forward to having it back.
Anthony Macaulay

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023, 06:00:49 »
I took about a week to get myZ8 back. I am in Michigan. The repair center in NY.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2023, 18:13:40 »
My Z8 was collected on Monday afternoon this week, and delivered to me this morning (Friday), with both lens mount and eyelet problems fixed.

So after the long wait for the repairs, the turnaround was good. Now back to shooting!
Anthony Macaulay