Author Topic: July 2022  (Read 13359 times)

aerobat

• NG Supporter
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
Re: July 2022
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2022, 21:54:25 »
Serenity
Daniel Diggelmann

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2022, 22:26:10 »
Hm. Power lines and an artificial weir in the river tell about man's influence, even in this beautiful landscape.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2022, 23:17:53 »
Today was such a nice meetup with our old friend Anthony and his lovely wife. We met for lunch at Ottolenghi's to enjoy some of the best food offerd in the City.

Later Beate and me went on a long walk to enjoy the stark contrasts between the cattle and their keepers. To me it felt like a dark dytopic scene from a SciFi movie.

This scene is at the Marstalls in Mayfair. My interest was of the architectural kind, seeing the air conditioning planned to be built into this monument protected building. Gosh.

A young security person rushed by to control my behavior telling us the ensemble of building belongs to a private club annabelles.co.uk ... Another Gosh.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

aerobat

• NG Supporter
  • Daniel Diggelmann, Switzerland
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2022, 09:20:36 »
Hm. Power lines and an artificial weir in the river tell about man's influence, even in this beautiful landscape.

Indeed Birna it troubles me as well to see so many powerlines everywhere and it spoils our photos. Or I should have moved to a better spot.
Daniel Diggelmann

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2022, 09:35:38 »
There is a saying amongst nature photographers when they set up for a shot of a scenic river or lake: where are the power lines? Sometimes one only discovers them later when the image is processed :)

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2022, 10:45:24 »
It is one of my dilemmas - do you edit the lines out and disguise the truth or do you leave them in?  Sometimes a change in position can get them out of the picture - but sometimes this is easier said than done, particularly if personal risk is involved.
Hugh Gunn

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2022, 11:19:34 »
Editing out any object the photographer finds disturbing eventually leads down a slippery slope. However, for non-documentary work you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't pretend the outcome to be showing "the truth".

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2022, 11:41:26 »
For anyone nerdy enough to wonder about my root gall fungi, here are a pictorial summary of Entorrhiza casparyana on roots of Juncus articulatus.

Lower panel: two galls showing the younger and brighter tips and the older, darker region where mature spores accumulate.

Upper panel: two spores at 1000X. They have very thick walls, up to 5 µm, and the ornamentation of the outer wall is very peculiar with lots of wart-like protrusions. The spores are 22-26 µm wide, almost globose, embedded in a matrix of decaying cells and fungal hyphae, and are dispersed into the wild later with the roots die off. So the dispersal of that fungus is a slow process and needs some assistance of water to be effective at all. This tiny phylum has been around for million of years apparently, so outdo us humans by orders of magnitude -- food for thought?

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2022, 23:49:14 »
Beautiful Birna

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2022, 23:52:53 »
Since May I am in a process of selling (and cleaning) my house to buy another one with my girlfriend.  For me it's an intense period, removing things you stocked up for 35 years and so on.

The need for to relax in  nature is needed ;)

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2022, 05:27:19 »
The feather from an unidentified bird found in my yard this weekend. Approximately 21 cm long - big bird.