Author Topic: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022  (Read 28198 times)

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
Re: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2022, 19:52:41 »
Those sheep looks suspiciously like the ones in post #142  ;D

;D ;D ;D

I think you will find that a lot with the pictures when all of us where in the same spot  ;)

Thanks for checking in.
Hans Cremers

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2022, 21:15:52 »
   Thank for sharing the views! Those sheep looks suspiciously like the ones in post #142  ;D

I must say they also suspiciously looked at us the whole time :)
Bruno Schröder

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2022, 22:03:35 »
Great images fellows thanks for sharing!

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2022, 22:56:24 »
The Orchid Run:
in 2019 we found a place with 2 different species of orchids, not a lot of them, and mostly trampled by hikers or cows, so this year, we decided to check them again. Our initial attempt went short when we were evicted from the field by an angry lady, see previous episodes in this thread. Fortunately, Frank's interesting amazing social skills, as unpredictable as they are,  brought us in contact with the father of the landowner. As you can guess, fatherhood is a close enough relationship to engage in a meaningful discussion with someone. Not always, I know, but I digress.
After a few mishaps due to the absence of cell phone coverage and the annoying reluctance of sms messages to breach the signal gap on their own, we got an official approval from the landowner, through his father, to freely roam his land in search of orchids. This was very welcome, although not really useful as future told us.
The rain thwarted our next attempt. It may be a surprise to some but even NG members do not willingly spend several hours soaked wet in search of a macro mug shot of a short purple flower. Anyway, I digress again.

This morning, we decided to go for the Orchid Run.

We found the orchids, well one of the two species of 2019 but in huge quantities to compensate, in several spots. We were a bit soaked but the enthusiasm of the massive discovery, over 100 specimens, took over, at least for Hans and I, Frank and Francis having developed a sudden passion for the nearby marine cemetery. Go figure ...

So here are a few orchids mug shots. I would not put them on the same scale as a bird on a perch, there is a distinguished botanist very close to me now and I would not like to spoil our last hours in the meet up, but they are my photos and I have no problem being brutally honest with myself. Anyway, the bird on a perch is also mine.

I almost forgot: the approval was not really useful because in the end, the approver is not the owner of the land where we found the orchids. The father was very friendly, so I shared the result and some photos with him anyway.

Here they are.

PS: The green stuff is obviously not an orchid. It is a deadly poisonous plant, well established next to the orchids. This being a defense mechanism of the trampled orchids of 2019 is uncertain, at least to me, I'm not an expert in the psychology of orchids. We thought it would be a nice gesture to warn those we thought were the owners of the land, which we did. This may also be useful to all those who would be tempted to collect something looking like a wild parsnip and eat it with the Sunday roast. To be clear, if you do it, you will die, and you family too. Painfully. Don't do it, we need you, NG supporters!
Bruno Schröder

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2022, 23:23:53 »
1) Cemetary series
2) Orchid series
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2022, 23:25:26 »
Are we going to see any of you guys ('ngals) in Killin tomorrow, as you head south to your choice of airport?
My son and my two grandsons will be here around lunchtime, but don't let that stop you. In fact the two little boys
make great subjects!

It will only be the two of us, Dave. Birna & me
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2022, 23:25:39 »
Hi everyone!
I've been away for quite a long time, visited today NG almost by accident and found this thread...
I was aware of the get together from David, with whom I am in regular contact, but had forgotten about it.
It looks like you have had a great time, thanks for sharing.

Simone
Simone Tomasi

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2022, 23:34:55 »
 moving Iris at 1/1600 s & Field of Irisses

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2022, 23:41:18 »

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2022, 23:51:17 »
It will only be the two of us, Dave. Birna & me

It worked ok last Friday, and three can seem quite a crowd when two of them are Frank and Birna. (I don't mean you are overweight and take a lot of space;
you are the life and soul of any social gathering you are part of.

Please call me as soon as you are in Killin and we'll take it from there. I'm looking forward to it already.

D.
Landline  01567 820225
Mobile  0755 3297791

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2022, 23:59:11 »
some orchids

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2022, 00:03:40 »
details

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2022, 00:04:32 »
impresive bull (to me) with calf

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2022, 00:11:19 »
Toying with Frank's 8-15 zoom is a real pleasure
-   No, Hans is not sleeping in front of his computer when surrounded by real birds
-   Kitchen stuff, sort of, not everything in it
-   Frank’s remaining vegetable display after almost a full week of cooking breakfast, soup and mixed vegetables dinner platters

Bruno Schröder

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2022, 01:21:11 »
3 years later, the dipper is there, at the same place.

Dipper contemplating the unexpected emergence of a white water clone.

White water clone. Great wording. Again.