Author Topic: next meeting between NL and ES?  (Read 1245 times)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
next meeting between NL and ES?
« on: November 13, 2023, 23:37:49 »
looking at the main posters, it is Paco, John and Fons. I did not count members of the universe (NG team). Then I looked at Via Michelin as a distance indicator and found, that Bordeaux would be an apropriate place to meet inbetween the waves of NG creativity, beside the waves of Atlanic ocean. What is your opinion about a meeting at this this place?
Thomas Stellwag

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: next meeting between NL and ES?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 23:54:28 »
Bordeaux is a good compromise but once in a plane it is not that important the distance.
Just the most posts for non-NG-founder is Akira? Ah, Japan....

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 10:42:26 »
Due to my family issue, I cannot leave my place for an extended time.  At this moment, I cannot predict when the situation would change.

That said, I've been very fortunate to have various opportunities to meet NG folks in person in Tokyo.  So far, I have met Birna, Bob (bobfriedman), Dave (dpaterson), Mike Selvy (Miles), Mongo, Aguinaldo (atpaula), Airy, Jack Darlgren and JJChan, which is rather quite a uniqne and rare lineup.  :)  :)  :)

Also, I had a chance to chat with Thomas on Messenger of Facebook.

If the time differences can be accepted, the online meetup using Zoom or Googlemeet would be possible.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 11:45:12 »
I did not mention Akira, just thought in European dimensions. This was not correct, sorry. I hope Akira doesn't send a samurai to teach me manners.  If a group is willing to go to Japan, I might search for a reson to join.

But again, is there a "regional" meeting in someone´s pipeline?
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 12:11:50 »
I did not mention Akira, just thought in European dimensions. This was not correct, sorry. I hope Akira doesn't send a samurai to teach me manners.  If a group is willing to go to Japan, I might search for a reson to join.

But again, is there a "regional" meeting in someone´s pipeline?

No worries, Thomas.  When I would send a samurai to you, I would see to it that you wouldn't notice.   :P
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 13:55:11 »
Opening an event by Zoom is a god idea, actually. We could implement that easily if there is any interest??

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 14:52:36 »
Meeting up is always desirable - one way or another - both and
Erik Lund

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 15:42:51 »
Opening an event by Zoom is a god idea, actually. We could implement that easily if there is any interest??

Zoom to discuss a possible meeting is a good idea
Thomas Stellwag

Ian Watson

• NG Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 17:02:58 »
I would be very interested in a Zoom meeting no matter what the reason! It is the only way that I am likely to meet any of you "in person"  :(

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 18:43:00 »
I'll look into my options for a "test" Zoom meeting. The main problem, apart from finding a time slot in my own schedule, is agreeing on a meet-up time that suits our members :) they are distributed world wide.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 18:54:05 »
looking at the main posters, it is Paco, John and Fons. I did not count members of the universe (NG team). Then I looked at Via Michelin as a distance indicator and found, that Bordeaux would be an apropriate place to meet inbetween the waves of NG creativity, beside the waves of Atlanic ocean. What is your opinion about a meeting at this this place?

Statistics say:

Akira    12266
Frank Fremerey    12196
Fons Baerken    10296
John Geerts    8847
Bjørn Rørslett    8252
Erik Lund    6410
golunvolo    6387
Jakov Minić    5336
Birna Rørslett    4818
elsa hoffmann    3822
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2023, 21:52:13 »
I would join a meeting in Bordeaux. For me it is easy to reach by train from Brussels.
And for those fond of seaside walks in frequently inclement weather, I could host a few people in Ambleteuse on the French Opal coast, renowned for its beautiful light.
Bruno Schröder

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 12:04:43 »
I would join a meeting in Bordeaux. For me it is easy to reach by train from Brussels.
And for those fond of seaside walks in frequently inclement weather, I could host a few people in Ambleteuse on the French Opal coast, renowned for its beautiful light.

this might be a good place as well.
Thomas Stellwag