Author Topic: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022  (Read 29105 times)

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
Re: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2022, 11:42:04 »
Another one
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2022, 11:42:36 »
More (i need to catch up  8))
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:11 »
The matching ship across the road from the tractor
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2022, 11:44:45 »
Detail of the ship
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2022, 11:45:40 »
Last one for now, some nice light on the way back to the lodge
Hans Cremers

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2022, 14:13:47 »
Scotland wouldn't be Scotland without a moss-grown, old (and mouldy) castle hewn from the bedrock backbone of the landscape. So over the centuries it blends in perfectly.

Eilean Donan Castle sits on a small island at the intersection of three tidal waters;  Lochs Duich, Long and Alsh. The original castle was blown up in wars centuries ago, so what we see today is a reconstruction said to be very faithful to the old fortress of the Middle Ages. The structure certainly looks moss-grown enough and probably is as smelly and mouldy inside as its looks would indicate. The castle has featured prominently in films and TV series (James Bond, Outlander, etc.).

A snapshot of Eilean Donan near sunset, with the 300PF on my Z9. A cliché, but nonetheless worth a frame or two :) The frame shows just a part of the main structure of the fortress.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2022, 14:42:09 »
A friendly and inviting bovine specimen in front of the Highland Bar entrance at the city of Portree.

Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2 Nokton on the Z9. Incidentally the Z9 is not entirely comfortable with this particular third-party lens as the exposures varies quite a lot off the perfect even when with the camera set to 'A' mode. I haven't found out why so far. However, given the dynamic range of the Z9 sensor it usually isn't difficult to adjust the outcome later.  With the Nokton attached to the Z fc, there are no issues regarding exposure as far as I have seen.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2022, 16:49:52 »
The immediate surroundings of our cottage are as pastoral as would be expected. Here seen through the black-and-white IR eyes of a Nikkor-O 55mm f/1.2 ("CRT-Nikkor") on my NEX-5N Monochrome camera (thanks, Vivek). The lens is very sharp, but not designed for near infinity use so there is a lot of field curvature and even at f/5.6 the corners on the APS-C format NEX are very soft. Not that this softness "kills" the picture, as it comes across quite pleasant anyway.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2022, 18:34:40 »
Thank you all for the steady accumulation of images of a landscape I know too well, but seen by you in very different, and very effective, ways.

THe weather here in Killin has been beautiful today, and I hope you had the same. Most of my day has been devoted to grass-cutting, but I did manage an excursion with the dog - to
The Head of the Loch. (Trans. "the loch" is, of course, Loch Tay, and the head of the loch is the end that gets most inflow from streams and rivers.)

Keep those photos coming, please?
Dave

Later  - I managed again to stumble,  shuffle and trip my way along part of the shoreline at the Head of the Loch. It was a quiet evening  - no spectacular colours, but peaceful, and quite pretty. NO dogs around, anglers, campers, walkers or cold-waater swimmers. Just me and Hannah, the dog.

Hope you are all having a good time up in Glenelg.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2022, 19:35:39 »
gold rush
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2022, 20:16:11 »
cliffs
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2022, 20:35:46 »
A bumblebee hitting jackpot -- the nectar pit deep inside the corolla.

Hand-held Z9 with 105mm f/2.8 MC Nikkor, life-size 100%. The quality of a single-shot like this is quite convincing. Do open the image in a separate tab and click it up to full size to learn what optical marvel Nikon has delivered, and at an affordable price too :)

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2022, 20:38:04 »
Still playing catchup because i couldn´t post before. This one from the ferry, also a shape echo.
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2022, 20:39:05 »
On the way to Portree, same view as posted by Frank earlier, but then different foreground  8)
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2022, 20:39:50 »
Portree from above, many views in this thread already, but couldn´t pass up on this one
Hans Cremers