Author Topic: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022  (Read 28181 times)

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
Re: The Scottish get-together in Spring 2022
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 00:15:48 »
It’s getting late. Frank is eating haggis potato crisps and I’m posting crappy iPhone pictures …
Bruno Schröder

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2022, 01:07:40 »
It was so nice to see Birna and Frank on Friday evening/Sat morning and I hope to see them again next Saturday plus, of course, any others who would like to join us. I really wish I was there in Glenelg right this moment, but I'm in poor shape and it wasn't possible - I would have been a nuisance to everyone else if I had gone to the lodge. I have to take medicines  - by the clock - 6 times a day, coughing and choking every time I try to swallow medicine or food; toilet from 4 to 8 times during the night, plus terrible muscle-cramps in both legs - everybody would be having very disturbed nights; daytime would be spoiled too - can't walk more than 100 metres, advised not to drive. Parkinson's is not a lot of fun, but I am pursuing two possible methods of reducing the worst of the symptoms, and slowing down the progression of the disease. Wish me luck.
And have a good time in "Bonnie Scotland" - I hope the weather is kind to you.
All the best,
David

Now that I have read/seen the many posts already, I have learned about the ferry problem. That damn ferry was a major part of my plan for the week, and though there is another way across to Skye - the bridge - it involves a MUCH longer drive. I'm very sorry this has happened, but the mechanical reliability of ferry-boats is beyond my pay-grade.
I hope it gets sorted SOON.
Dave

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2022, 01:23:36 »
It was so nice to see Birna and Frank on Friday evening/Sat morning and I hope to see them again next Saturday plus, of course, any others who would like to join us. I really wish I was there in Glenelg right this moment, but I'm in poor shape and it wasn't possible - I would have been a nuisance to everyone else if I had gone to the lodge. I have to take medicines  - by the clock - 6 times a day, coughing and choking every time I try to swallow medicine or food; toilet from 4 to 8 times during the night, plus terrible muscle-cramps in both legs - everybody would be having very disturbed nights; daytime would be spoiled too - can't walk more than 100 metres, advised not to drive. Parkinson's is not a lot of fun, but I am pursuing two possible methods of reducing the worst of the symptoms, and slowing down the progression of the disease. Wish me luck.
And have a good time in "Bonnie Scotland" - I hope the weather is kind to you.
All the best,
David

Now that I have read/seen the many posts already, I have learned about the ferry problem. That damn ferry was a major part of my plan for the week, and though there is another way across to Skye - the bridge - it involves a MUCH longer drive. I'm very sorry this has happened, but the mechanical reliability of ferry-boats is beyond my pay-grade.
I hope it gets sorted SOON.
Dave

Knowlegable sources tell us, that the ferry trouble seems to be a drunken sailor problem basically.

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 07:31:47 »
This morning I woke up with a harsh hunger like carving

So I did improvise a little of non continental treat to heal that

After consumption I am better now and can do a little bit of work for the future
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2022, 07:34:38 »
I wish you all a great time, many laughter, and a pinch of malt whisky! Looking forward to more images from this NG get-together.
Love and hugs, Jakov

All a great time there in Scotland  !

By all means!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 07:52:19 »
PS: they wrecked the other, bigger ferry too. Now both ferries are defunct and will probably not be operational during the whole of our stay. Yesterday was a black day for the ferry business in this area.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2022, 10:26:21 »
The Glenelg ferries are quite small :)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2022, 11:44:59 »
It is sad not to be able to be there with all of you.  Please, keep them coming.

Have fun!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2022, 12:47:08 »
Hans is battling his recalcitrant laptop that simply denies him any posting access to the NG forum. How strange. The picture below shows his frustration quite clearly, despite it being taken by the 70+ year old Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 on a Nex-5N monochrome camera.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 13:27:47 »
The ferrymen's boat
fern sehn one
fern sehn two

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 16:31:56 »
Hans is battling his recalcitrant laptop that simply denies him any posting access to the NG forum. How strange. The picture below shows his frustration quite clearly, despite it being taken by the 70+ year old Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 on a Nex-5N monochrome camera.

Thank you Birma, very frustrating indeed. Once i'm up and running with the laptop, i will post some images (now from my phone)
Hans Cremers

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 22:39:16 »
Nice bush in Scotland

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 22:40:50 »
Redhead girl with castle backdrop

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 22:48:09 »
The Glenelg-Skye ferry is working again!!

One of the few "turntable" ferries still in operation.

Z fc, Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 22:50:35 »
full color black and white