Author Topic: A new Scottish get-together in Spring 2022  (Read 26446 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: A new Scottish get-together in Spring 2022
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2022, 15:54:32 »
He can make it at the spur of the moment so we all are happy. Or not, and we still do our best to be happy :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2022, 22:58:39 »
Birna: there seems to be only one room left at the

https://www.fallsofdochartinn.co.uk/

So I cannot book another room and we have to share the room or book another hotel.

The website did not work well on my phone and they did not answer the phone when I tried to call. Can you check if they manage to have another room or a room with two beds instead of a room with a double bed?

I emailed them now, CC to you, Birna
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2022, 23:38:11 »
There is a double room for £ 140. So that could be used, Frank.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2022, 00:20:32 »
We have a booking for a family room with two separate beds and a bunk bed additionally (you got mail)
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2022, 00:32:02 »
Excellent.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2022, 13:35:21 »
I trust you all to manage the rest of whatever needs to be managed as the date of the get-together gets nearer. I'm really unwell, and my email (gmail) is almost unusable. If this has reached you, it will be the first thing I have been able to post for more that 2 hours. I do need to get some updates out to the members who are going to be in Scotland and if posting to the thread doesn't work, I'll try PMs.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2022, 13:37:44 »
Correction - 24 hours - but at least the message got out.
D.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2022, 14:10:27 »
Updates - April 5th.

We have lost two people - Hugh and Karel - but have gained Mfloyd; our number in the Scotland group has shrunk to 5, which means that the cost rises to £156 per person. If we can recruit one or two more to the Scotland group, the cost each can easily come down again, to £130 or even lower.
    I have the owner' pay-in details, and payment must be made to reach his account by 21st of this month the latest. Bank transfers can be slow - minimum 3 working days for UK bank-to-bank, and 5 working days if a non-UK bank is involved. When you are ready to pay our share, please PM me.
   It seems that some or all of you have decided to visit us in Killin - most likely on the 20th?
Excellent! Any vegetarian/vegan or anyone with special dietary needs, please let me know.
D. 

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2022, 15:04:31 »
Updates - April 5th.

We have lost two people - Hugh and Karel - but have gained Mfloyd; our number in the Scotland group has shrunk to 5, which means that the cost rises to £156 per person. If we can recruit one or two more to the Scotland group, the cost each can easily come down again, to £130 or even lower.
    I have the owner' pay-in details, and payment must be made to reach his account by 21st of this month the latest. Bank transfers can be slow - minimum 3 working days for UK bank-to-bank, and 5 working days if a non-UK bank is involved. When you are ready to pay our share, please PM me.
   It seems that some or all of you have decided to visit us in Killin - most likely on the 20th?
Excellent! Any vegetarian/vegan or anyone with special dietary needs, please let me know.
D.

Hello. No, I’m not part of the game; never been. Just gave some car rental info. Hope everything is OK. Take care.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2022, 15:48:46 »
We shall soldier on. The occasion is simply too good to miss.

Perhaps I'll settle the score with the owner of the cottage and the others reimburse me? In that manner, the conomy is simplified.

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2022, 15:59:06 »
We shall soldier on. The occasion is simply too good to miss.

Perhaps I'll settle the score with the owner of the cottage and the others reimburse me? In that manner, the conomy is simplified.

Yes, let's (soldier on), i'm looking forward to it!

Good suggestion Birna, let us know when and how we can settle the location cost.
Hans Cremers

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2022, 15:59:39 »
Fine for me, whatever way. We are still at least 5: Birna, Frank, Hans, Rosko and I.
I've not abandonned trying to convince a few photographers friends here, including Martine.
Bruno Schröder

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2022, 16:21:53 »
If I understand the situation correctly, we have to pay a minimum of £ 780 for the cottage -- correct?  That is stipulated for 6 participant each paying £130. If we exceed 6 people then the total increases with £130 per person up to the first asking price, of £1300 for 10 people.

I'll contact the owner using Dave's earlier posted details later tonight and negotiate an agreement for a base sum to pay with bank transfer this week. We need to move quickly as the Easter is approaching.

We can work out the exact shares to reimburse me later.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2022, 19:18:53 »
Breaking news: I now have transferred £780,- to the lodge owner, who appears by the way to be a nice guy. The sum is a ballpark figure as there are banking and transfer charges to cover as well, but I haven't yet an exact figure here.

The salient and main point is that the Third NG Scottish Meet-Up now becomes official. We welcome more NG members to join us.

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2022, 21:47:25 »
Breaking news: I now have transferred £780,- to the lodge owner, who appears by the way to be a nice guy. The sum is a ballpark figure as there are banking and transfer charges to cover as well, but I haven't yet an exact figure here.

The salient and main point is that the Third NG Scottish Meet-Up now becomes official. We welcome more NG members to join us.

Woohoo!

And thank you Birna.

I have also reserved my flight. I'll be picked up in Glasgow by Francis together with Bruno.

Do we already know practical things like need to bring own towels, bedlinen, etc.?
Hans Cremers