Author Topic: December 2021  (Read 19033 times)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
Re: December 2021
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2021, 22:46:55 »
Misty and rainy...

Z6  AF-S 24-70/2.8

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2021, 23:27:18 »
Today I took a motorbike tour from my hometown, La Línea, all the way to Cádiz. Perfect evening for riding with around 19 degrees Celsius and sunny clear skies. I stopped at "El mirador del estrecho" (+36.05375,-5.55033) From here, there are a short 15 km to the coast of north Africa. On a clear day, you can see a few cities in the other continent. Still felt pretty close today. I love this view

Z6, 105mm 2.5 ai

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2021, 23:57:31 »
Today I took a motorbike tour from my hometown, La Línea, all the way to Cádiz. Perfect evening for riding with around 19 degrees Celsius and sunny clear skies. I stopped at "El mirador del estrecho" -36.05375,-5.55033- From here, there are a short 15 km to the coast of north Africa. On a clear day, you can see a few cities in the other continent. Still felt pretty close today. I love this view

Z6, 105mm 2.5 ai

Marvelous view, Paco!  One day I want visit Andalucia...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2021, 00:26:16 »
I agree Akira - great country.  Have visited Spain only once;  must go there again.

BTW, the coordinates are: +36.05375, -5.55033

Today I took a motorbike tour from my hometown, La Línea, all the way to Cádiz. Perfect evening for riding with around 19 degrees Celsius and sunny clear skies. I stopped at "El mirador del estrecho" -36.05375,-5.55033- From here, there are a short 15 km to the coast of north Africa. On a clear day, you can see a few cities in the other continent. Still felt pretty close today. I love this view

Z6, 105mm 2.5 ai
Hugh Gunn

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2021, 00:43:16 »
Thank you both. Already fixed the coordinates. I guess the "-" can be confusing.

Akira, you should definitely come visit!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2021, 03:58:40 »
A rotary of a train station with Christmas illuminations.  The lens of my iPhone SE was somewhat fogged, but I liked the diffuser effect.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2021, 08:26:03 »
Today I took a motorbike tour from my hometown, La Línea, all the way to Cádiz. Perfect evening for riding with around 19 degrees Celsius and sunny clear skies. I stopped at "El mirador del estrecho" (+36.05375,-5.55033) From here, there are a short 15 km to the coast of north Africa. On a clear day, you can see a few cities in the other continent. Still felt pretty close today. I love this view

Z6, 105mm 2.5 ai
what a superb view, Paco.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2021, 08:29:05 »
A rotary of a train station with Christmas illuminations.  The lens of my iPhone SE was somewhat fogged, but I liked the diffuser effect.
I like it.

Which camera/developer you use for the SE 2020?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2021, 08:44:25 »
I like it.

Which camera/developer you use for the SE 2020?

Glad you like it, John.  I basically adjust the basic parameters like contrast, exposure, highlight, shadow or saturation and crop the images in the default camera app.  I had edited a couple of files in Adobe CC when I started to use my 2nd gen. SE, but I found the default camera app does the job well enough.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2021, 08:48:25 »
Glad you like it, John.  I basically adjust the basic parameters like contrast, exposure, highlight, shadow or saturation and crop the images in the default camera app.  I had edited a couple of files in Adobe CC when I started to use my 2nd gen. SE, but I found the default camera app does the job well enough.
Thank you for the explanation, Akira.

I installed Lightroom (part of my CC package) that takes the photo's in DNG.  It also offers loads of development options on the phone, but large screens work better for development.  The default camera app does a reasonable good job.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2021, 08:49:40 »
Foggy

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2021, 17:06:48 »
Blue car

Zfc, Viltrox 23mm f/1.4

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2021, 18:57:46 »
Thank you for the explanation, Akira.

I installed Lightroom (part of my CC package) that takes the photo's in DNG.  It also offers loads of development options on the phone, but large screens work better for development.  The default camera app does a reasonable good job.

Thank you, John, for sharing your experience with the LR app.  I subscribe Adobe CC, so I can use LR app.  The catalog system of LR is the main reason for me to stick to Photoshop.  Does the LR app create the catalog like the computer versions?  If the LR app only works as a photo editor without creating the catalog, I would want to shoot DNG and process in LR on my iPhone SE.  The only thing that annoys me about the smartphone images is the sharpening effect which makes the images harsh.  If I could shoot RAW (DNG, hopefully not sharpened), that would be nice.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2021, 19:22:37 »
The LR - DNG file is free from the  sharpening effect done by the standard iPhone camera-app, it's the basic original file that LightRoom transfers to a DNG file. It's not as fast as the camera app, but that is a matter of experience.   The White Balance is not always perfect, but that may be a matter of finetuning.

You can opt to edit on the phone, but the sync. process with the PC is swift and fast, and it's easy to work with the RAW file in ACR and Photoshop.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2021, 19:48:09 »
The LR - DNG file is free from the  sharpening effect done by the standard iPhone camera-app, it's the basic original file that LightRoom transfers to a DNG file. It's not as fast as the camera app, but that is a matter of experience.   The White Balance is not always perfect, but that may be a matter of finetuning.

You can opt to edit on the phone, but the sync. process with the PC is swift and fast, and it's easy to work with the RAW file in ACR and Photoshop.

Thank you for the details.  I will try the LR app!