Author Topic: November 2021  (Read 21605 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: November 2021
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2021, 20:08:26 »
Intense storytelling and cinematic view. Love the integration of the elements.

Glad you like it, Paco!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2021, 21:28:57 »
Electric Scooters are scattered across the city
Nice composition John.

I'm amazed to see sit-down scooters like this available for free public use.
So far In the there are just the type you stand on.

I've seen small numbers in London, and loads in my local city of Bristol.
Seeing large numbers being used on normal roads mingling amongst normal car & lorry traffic, with very minimal lights and the riders never wearing a helmet takes some getting used to. But they seem powerful enough to get up quite steep hills....

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2021, 00:19:04 »
The man who wasn't there.

D5, 300mm 2.8 vrII

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2021, 05:55:06 »
Nice composition John.

I agree!

The man who wasn't there.

D5, 300mm 2.8 vrII

Looks like the man is being transported.  Nice one!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2021, 09:07:23 »
This is the kind of photo I usually shy away from -- an "aerial survey" of the vegetation. However, in this case, the frost-touched bog surface had such fascinating diversity of colourful species within a tiny area so I just *had* to snap a picture. I counted no less than  5 or 6 moss species, a sedge, cranberries, fallen foliage of at least 4 different shrubs and trees, and probably more if I had scrutinised the plot further.

Viltrox 56mm f/1.4 on the Z fc and fading light.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2021, 10:21:20 »
Beautiful words. I didn't know you speak catalan, your translation is very accurate.

Catalan looks like an interpolation between Spanish and French, which helps... in some rare cases, I had to look up ("brau" is very far from es:toro and fr:taureau)... but seeing those texts is a near-pentecostal experience: a foreign language I never studied, and I have the impression that I can understand it. It is, of course, just an impression, and parts remain obscure.
Airy Magnien

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2021, 10:49:43 »
Walking

Zfc viltrox 23mm f/1.4

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2021, 12:35:50 »
Catalan looks like an interpolation between Spanish and French, which helps... in some rare cases, I had to look up ("brau" is very far from es:toro and fr:taureau)... but seeing those texts is a near-pentecostal experience: a foreign language I never studied, and I have the impression that I can understand it. It is, of course, just an impression, and parts remain obscure.

Yes! Same experience here. It happens also with spanish and italian.

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2021, 02:23:38 »
Main Street

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2021, 09:08:35 »
Thanks Colin and Akira,

Morning autumn sun

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2021, 11:46:21 »
Kettle, or pothole, lakes are seen everywhere in the formerly glaciated tracts of the Nordic countries where moraine deposits prevail. They are often very small, can be extraordinarily deep given their size, and have small catchments or are entirely feed by ground water. They are often surrounded by conifer forests, mainly Scots Pine (which isn't Scottish at all, but that is a story for another day). Most are in a process of being overgrown by expanding blanket bogs in the ecological succession Germans so accurately designate 'Verlandung'. Because of their boggy surrounding, often dark peat-stained waters, and the depth, Nordic Folklore  populate these lakes with scary creatures such as the Water Sprite ('Nøkken' in Norwegian), and stories about people - mainly women, apparently - who have been lured into the dark waters are plentiful.

In my neighbourhood there several of them and this one is a prime example. Viltrox 23mm f/1.4,  Nikon Z fc. One should not venture out to the water edge despite the surround bog now is freezing over. The substrate is like a quagmire and highly dangerous. So I kept my distance in order to tell the tale.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2021, 13:27:49 »

In Camargue, the bull is called "Biou" (as in Bœuf) a derivative from Occitan/Provencal... So no wonder for the "Brau" in Catalan :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2021, 17:22:18 »
November 14

Wall
Zfc, viltrox 23mm f/1.4

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2021, 21:14:22 »
The secret garden ... in this compressed version the full beauty of this shot is not well represented....
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

ianwatson

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2021, 21:29:28 »
I was wondering when we would receive our first snowfall.

Nikon Z6, 35mm f/1.8S.