Author Topic: Nikon Z -fc formally announced  (Read 6218 times)

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Z -fc formally announced
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2021, 19:33:38 »
It all depends on how successful the Zfc will be in the market.

I think this is a common marketing tactics. Release a cool product with something to desire, the release another product to grab the rest of customers.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2021, 19:43:46 »
It looks like I don not need to buy a silver Z-fc : a retiring colleague just gave me his old Nikon FE, in near-mint condition. They look vaguely similar.
Airy Magnien

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2021, 19:53:24 »
It looks like I don not need to buy a silver Z-fc : a retiring colleague just gave me his old Nikon FE, in near-mint condition. They look vaguely similar.

FE with lower and bigger logo piece, smaller mount and general better proportion between elements looks much better, if we are talking about the look...

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2021, 21:04:10 »
NIKON should offer a version without video or auto-focus, at higher cost.That would grab my i interest, and full frame option, which would grab me. Still, it is a refreshingly different camera, and I love its "mechanical" retro features.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2021, 21:33:13 »
If the pink version is delivered to my country, I definitively *need* to order it. Of course, not necessary as I have far too many cameras and not enough time to spend with them all, but there is such an attraction to using a pink camera :)  I do have the J2 in pink version, but this is a rather dumbed-down model unfortunately thus sees little use due to its crippled nature.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2021, 00:42:35 »
If the pink version is delivered to my country, I definitively *need* to order it. Of course, not necessary as I have far too many cameras and not enough time to spend with them all, but there is such an attraction to using a pink camera :)  I do have the J2 in pink version, but this is a rather dumbed-down model unfortunately thus sees little use due to its crippled nature.

HOT PINK on black would definitely sell very well :o :o :o
i love pink.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2021, 09:55:41 »
Well the B787 is pretty much a plastic aeroplane;  ditto its latest Airbus counterparts.  The Hawker Harrier Jump Jet had a plastic wing - none of which failed in over 40 years of service.

I have a plastic boat. It is better than a metal one. The larger Z mount makes forces on the mount less than F mount. Not all plastic is bad. Not all metal is good.
Hugh Gunn

richardHaw

• NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2021, 10:30:01 »
i will skip this one, maybe i will buy one for fun on the used market many years after its introduction :o :o :o

richardHaw

• NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2021, 11:42:21 »
i saw a couple of people making reservations already here :o :o :o

looks like nikons got another hit this time ::)

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2021, 13:25:27 »
The Nikon 1 System with the so called 1" sensor had a number of interesting colour combinations - for both the lenses and the camera bodies. 

Nikon completely and utterly botched up the marketing of that promising system. 

Let us hope that they have learned a lesson from the Nikon 1 marketing failure and do better with the Zfc (and the Df MkII??).  There are only so many of the flagship D-x calibre of cameras that any camera maker can sell, so for economic survival reasons Nikon must learn how to sell lesser systems as well as the top models - which tend to sell themselves anyway!

HOT PINK on black would definitely sell very well :o :o :o
i love pink.
Hugh Gunn

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2021, 17:15:03 »
The Nikon 1 could have been the basis of an excellent mirrorless system. It was not just the marketing that went wrong. It was also the ergonomics, which were poor. Nikon has made a number of false starts in the last ten years, including the Df (I know this is heresy here, but it was not a success in business terms).
Anthony Macaulay

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2021, 19:18:04 »
OK, I have ordered the Zfc. Unfortunately, they don't come in pink in my country, but if the camera proves to be worth its while, a pink version can join it later :)

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2021, 19:29:21 »
Birna, you resisted for about 48 hours which is quite a feat :D

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2021, 19:45:12 »
Actually, the delay was caused by being on the road without 'net access :)

I got the first Df to the Nordic countries (Oct. 2013) and have used the Df as my work horses to this day. The Z system is in some instances "better", in other aspects "worse". I assume there will be possible to get passable images from any of the two systems. My DSLRs other than the Df have fallen mostly  into disuse the last years and only serve me special purposes (studio macro etc., UV). There is nothing wrong with the DSLRs of course, however my current work load doesn't require them. I considered the D850 for stacking, but ended up with Z7 instead.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2021, 19:56:15 »
Birna, send me all your cameras, I'll put pink leather on them :)