Author Topic: Track warden's houses / Baanwachtershuisjes  (Read 1542 times)

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
Track warden's houses / Baanwachtershuisjes
« on: March 19, 2021, 22:19:12 »
In Amersfoort, close to my house is a railway with three historic track warden's houses / Baanwachtershuisjes. These houses were on my to-shoot list, this task is now completed :)

The Amersfoort-Kesteren-Nijmegen railway (1886) was once an important link in the train traffic between Amersfoort and the east of the Netherlands and beyond.
There were several level crossings in this line in Amersfoort. Closing these level crossings required personnel housed in purpose-built housing.
These are three track warden's houses, all three of the same type. The houses were built at the end of the 19th century.

From 1988 the line is only used for car transport for the company Pon in Leusden (the Dutch importer of Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat).
At that time, the remaining trackman's houses were no longer in use as such and their future was threatened. Luckily, in 2016 these houses received monument status from the city.

All three images shot with an Olympus E-M10II + Olympus 12-40mm f2.8

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Re: Track warden's houses / Baanwachtershuisjes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:43:24 »
Thats a good theme Luc.

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 10:57:01 »
I like this pics and the houses, they look big for the initial purpose
Thomas Stellwag

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 14:08:24 »
Thanks Fons and Thomas.

Thomas, not so big as they were also meant for housing the track warden's families. And in those days they usually had large 10+ families!