Author Topic: Interesting sensor characteristic of SIGMA fp  (Read 2662 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Interesting sensor characteristic of SIGMA fp
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:38:33 »
This is a very nice little camera, there is something Leica M9 related to the package being so compact and simple and still featuring Full Frame.
I looked into it when it was released but decided to go Nikon Z7 due to the viewfinder.
Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 20:30:51 »
This is a very nice little camera, there is something Leica M9 related to the package being so compact and simple and still featuring Full Frame.
I looked into it when it was released but decided to go Nikon Z7 due to the viewfinder.

I agree with your reference to Leica M.  The simplicity of fp kind of brings back the joy of using Leica M bodies during the film days to me.

The camera doesn't offer the convenience of the articulating screen or the image stabilization which have been commodity.  But without them, I can be free from adjusting the screen and enabling/disabling the stabilization according to the situation.  I now realize such "convenient" functions can sometimes be distracting.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ashlandish

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 21:08:04 »
I have a son in Tokyo who uses an fp exclusively for video, with old Nikkors, Kinoptiks, Cookes, Zeiss, and Angenieux, some small and some gargantuan and rigged, with various adapters. He loves it, especially it's size and flexibility with lenses and DNG Raw, but is now jonesing for a Red Komodo--seems desire never ends. He says he's heard there'll likely be an fp update soon...
Tim Becraft