Author Topic: Megadap  (Read 761 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Megadap
« on: January 02, 2021, 00:24:26 »
It is a while since I were here last time.....
I have tried to "catch up" what has happened in the Nikon world since.....

I came across an adapter I have not experienced before.....seems to add AF to MF-lenses on a Z-body?
https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/megadap/mtz11.htm

Looks like a fun toy to try out......but many of these "rings" you get and try it out and then they don't see much use.
Any tests of such an adapter in this forum (I did a little search but did not find anything which surprised me :-) .....but I did not search a lot)?

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Megadap
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 10:24:28 »
Some more info at official homepage.
They also sell Leica-M adapter rings to a number of lens brands:
https://megadap.net/product/mtz11/

I wonder if they have got the electrical interface specification from Nikon or they have done "reverse engineering".
Some lenses does not have a focus helicoid and here the adapter may be "extra" nice and some are a bit of a pain to focus manual.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 11:07:16 »
Now I ordered one from UK.....let us see how it works.....
It is a bit on the expensive side but if it can give some lenses a new life......it may be worth it. I consider it a Christmas present for my self for next year......
I need to find out how many adapters I need that goes to Leica M-mount as this is mandatory for this adapter.
I found a L39 to M......which is a good starting point I think. I probably need a F to M mount......

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 14:51:10 »
Had a feedback from Jean-Marie Sepulchre, journalist with the French magazine, Chasseur d’Images. Brief summary: it works; rather slow. Do not exceed 500 grams with lenses, if you don’t want to jam / destroy the mechanism.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 15:21:44 »
Ok, I give it a try with lighter lenses.
The most lenses I had in my mind is up to 85mm or so......
It seems to give feedback in the viewfinder when a focus point is in focus which is what I miss in the moment to get critical focus with pure MF lenses without CPU.