Author Topic: Q about the Nikkor SC 85mm f1.5  (Read 1001 times)

wolan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Q about the Nikkor SC 85mm f1.5
« on: December 24, 2020, 11:22:05 »
Hi,
I own a Nikkor-P 85mm f2 for Nikon S mount, which I really like.
The only really annoying thing  is that the aperture ring is coupled with the focus ring, so I cannot change the aperture independently of the focus.
I was wondering whether the much more expensive brother, the Nikkor SC 85mm f1.5 has the same design.
Does anybody know?

Thank you

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Q about the Nikkor SC 85mm f1.5
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 12:05:41 »
Hi, apparently and unfortunately, the faster sibling shares the same construction...

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/RF-Nikkor/RF85mm/index4.htm
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 13:15:44 »
I have several of the 8.5 cm f/2 Nikkors, and the problem you describe is not a characteristic of this legendary lens. The description indicates the aperture ring, which should move freely, is stuck. Should be an easy fix.

The faster f/1.5 sibling is  a rarity, thus expensive and elusive to get hold of. Optically speaking not as good a performer as the f/2 model.

wolan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 17:23:33 »
I have several of the 8.5 cm f/2 Nikkors, and the problem you describe is not a characteristic of this legendary lens. The description indicates the aperture ring, which should move freely, is stuck. Should be an easy fix.

The faster f/1.5 sibling is  a rarity, thus expensive and elusive to get hold of. Optically speaking not as good a performer as the f/2 model.
Thanks a lot for the advise.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY

wolan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear