Author Topic: PC-Nikkor 28mm f3.5 adjustments  (Read 3360 times)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: PC-Nikkor 28mm f3.5 adjustments
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 16:50:17 »
That's one of the most worn down lenses I have seen! And yet the lenses looks fine, maybe it was kept loose in a camera bag together with other lenses,,, anyway glad I could help!Bent, a copy is on it's way to you as well!
Thank you :)

pemcg

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 13:54:53 »
Hi all, sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm having the same problems with my 28mm f/3.5. Does anyone know how to remove this brass end piece from the turn-knob? It's #65 in the exploded diagram, but I can't work out how to unscrew it (if indeed it does unscrew).

Many thanks,
Peter

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2023, 23:17:22 »
I  am pretty sure this is similar to the older style I have, which is shown on the previous page.  If you hold the outer part of the knob, and get a spanner wrench on the inner nut, it should loosen.  It is initially very tight, and probably cannot be done with needlenose pliers or the like, which is why I made the spanner shown. The scars testify to prior attempts to do it with the wrong tool.  It's a 1/4 inch drive socket (I think it was also 1/4 inch nut size), filed down. The cheap Asian sort, not too heavily tempered, can be filed or milled without much trouble.