Author Topic: Thanksgiving to Nikon  (Read 1281 times)

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Thanksgiving to Nikon
« on: October 11, 2020, 22:40:48 »
Well, despite the truths and untruths about COVID, and all the other darkness, it is stil Thanksgiving Sunday today, and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Nikon for creating the Nikon Df. Thank you Nikon for a unique camera.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: Thanksgiving to Nikon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 23:05:26 »
+1 ! without my Df, I'd go cold turkey.
Airy Magnien

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 23:18:54 »
+1 too  ;)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:28:13 »
In a whirlwind world streaming and touting the "newest new" merchandise all the time, it's refreshing to think the Df now is 7 years old. I got my first Df  in the late autumn of 2013. And it still is my favourite camera.

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 20:57:09 »
Birna, that makes you a very early purchaser, as the camera was released in November 2013.  For me it was probably spring 2015, despite my son telling me of its existence at Christmas in 2013.  I wonder which countries received it first.  I also wonder how many people bought and soon sold their Df, and how many early buyer/sellers later bought another Df, regretting  selling their first Df. My only regret is that I didn't pay more attention to my son's news, act on it and buy mine a year sooner! It is the best camera I have ever owned, and I have owned more than my share, but even my f2SB, much as I loved it, did not grab me in the way the Df did on first handling it. For me, the Df is the perfect camera, my favourite camera. Thanks, Nikon.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 22:19:22 »
I actually got the first camera to arrive in Norway, ahead of ordinary deliveries. My daughter's birthday is 6 November and I had the camera before that date.