Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Hello from Southern England

<< < (2/3) > >>

Airy:
Welcome!

Concerning rubbish output: photography has at least two purposes, one lies with the output and it had better be good, and the other one lies with practicing. To be compared with martial arts, where the kicks (or cuts, or ground-hittings) are no palatable outputs anyway.

Concerning cameras: they should not "stand in the way", hence your wife's taste for the D3300 and my taste for the Df. But I started experimenting with a century-old view camera, and I guess I'm going to appreciate the long liturgy that ultimately leads, if faithful and observant, to a single picture (not even a reproducible negative!). That's also a way to enjoy photography, maybe.

It is possible to go through crises, but impossible to get bored here :)

Jakov Minić:
Welcome, Bob.
You will most certainly receive enough advice on your future gear.

Birna Rørslett:
Enjoy NG  and our lively, yet to-the-point discussions and do share whatever results you come up with. Ad by all means don't sell off existing equiment without learning what those lenses can do for you.

A D3300 is pretty competent, I'm using the older D3200 for much of my scientific photography :)

Bob.S:
Thanks for the friendly greetings everyone!

Birna,........So the big quesion for me is;......if I shot an image with the D3300 and managed to borrow a Z6 to shoot the same scene, what would be the level of improvement that I could readily see in side by side A2 prints?

Birna Rørslett:
That would depend on the lens mainly. And your general technique, of course. 24MPix would need some post-processing anyway to get an outstanding print in A2 size. Entirely doable, but mind the processing steps.

For images that should end up as large prints, better technique means better final outcome. Thus, pay attention to the light, scene contrast, lens used, what aperture the lens is set to, and for the utmost support, a good tripod is a godsend.

DX vs FX often is a moot point these days as both system can produce great images. With the FX, noise tends to be better under control, though. Sometimes there is ever so slightly better dynamic range in the RAW file. However the choice of lens can remove most of such benefits, whether they are for real or just imagined.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version