Author Topic: Has anyone found a way to delete the Creative profiles in the Z-series?  (Read 1850 times)

PeterN

• NG Member
I used NikonPC to create some film-based profiles. These profiles are added at the end of the profile list in the camera. So I have to scroll through the huge list of "creative" profiles I never use. IS there a way to delete those or change the order of profiles?
I tried to find it at the web but nothing showed up so far.
Thanks for your help!
Peter

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
Can’t you add the ones you want to use to the custom menu or assign them to one of the buttons?

Think I did something similar when switching between de color and b&w profiles on the Sony’s.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

PeterN

• NG Member
Can’t you add the ones you want to use to the custom menu or assign them to one of the buttons?

Think I did something similar when switching between de color and b&w profiles on the Sony’s.

It is possible to assign the function "set picture control" to a button but then you still have to go through a long list of alternatives before you get to the custom ones. I now reserved a user bank for jpeg shooting. That setting has a quick menu that includes the "set picture control" function with a preselected custom profile. If I want to change, I select the 'set PC" function and that brings me to the selected profile. I started with using the Standard setting but that required me to go through the entire list before getting to the custom profiles. By setting a custom profile as default, it works quicker. So I can live with it, but I thought to ask how I could get rid of profiles I never use.
Peter

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
I used NikonPC to create some film-based profiles. These profiles are added at the end of the profile list in the camera. So I have to scroll through the huge list of "creative" profiles I never use. IS there a way to delete those or change the order of profiles?
I tried to find it at the web but nothing showed up so far.
Thanks for your help!

Instead of scrolling down, scroll up. It is a loop so a single upward press brings you to the last one.

PeterN

• NG Member
Instead of scrolling down, scroll up. It is a loop so a single upward press brings you to the last one.

Thanks! Good idea. That works nicely. However, my current workaround (preselecting the most used profile) and then change when necessary suits me best because I only have a few film-based profiles.

For those interested, this is a link to the site where you can download custom profiles, if you are looking for film-based 'base' profiles:

https://nikonpc.com

BTW:I still prefer to only see the profiles I use ;-)
Peter