(1/5) > >>

globetrotters1:
Hello everyone,

just wanted to mention that these 'old' Nikon fisheye lenses:

6mm f/5.6 220°
7.5mm f/5.6
8mm f/8
10mm f/5.6 OP

work perfectly on a FTZ adapter connected to a Nikon Z mirrorless camera.

Watch this demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obRsVXkUl2g

Here on this site I found the info that it is possible to use these lenses on a D800/D810.
It's not as straight forward as connecting them on a FTZ adapter, but they work perfectly well on my D800E.

So the information of Nikon that these lenses are incompatible is just plain wrong.

Birna Rørslett:
I have used the non-retrofocus Fisheye Nikkors on DSLRs for more than a decade ....

Nikon has a very conservative approach thus will not recommend this practice as there is a risk of damaging the camera mirror. However, provided one is careful the use is unproblematic.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132961550@N03/18779575810

MEPER:
Does that small 6/5.6 really cost £30.000?
I thought it was the huge 6/2.8 that was in that price league. But the small one is much more portable so probably the one most people want to use in the field.
The 6 and 7.5 may be an interesting lens for the Z50.....and then use software to make it an ultra-wide angle lens?

Birna Rørslett:
That would be a very expensive and awkward approach to getting a ultra-wide for the Z50 :)

The AF 10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye will function on the Z50 via the FTZ (though, only manual focusing). This Fish is very sharp and likely miles ahead of older designs in terms of image quality. The AFS 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye zoom lens should not be overlooked either. Can do service on either DX or FX format cameras.

Akira:
When I had D2H, and Nikon Capture then employed de-fisheye function, I tried AF Fisheye 10.5/2.8.  The de-fished image was just marred by tons of CA and smearing peripherals (not just the corners).

Of course, the 4MP is not up to any stretching, but, considering the amount of necessary correction for the de-fishing,  A fisheye lens would not be a feasible alternative to a super-wideangle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version