Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Old Fisheye Nikkor lenses on Nikon Z mirrorless cameras

<< < (5/5)

Birna Rørslett:
An adapter overview ....

This admittedly crude and ad-hoc solution works with all my old fix-focus Fisheye-Nikkors, providing them with  a truly extended focusing range from infinity down to the surface of the front element. Just have to learn to be careful to avoid bumping the lens into something when it is close to the subject. That in particular is necessary for the 10 OP as its front element is quite soft and easily marks.

MILLIREHM:
Thanks Birna for the picture and for the offer to make more adapters.
At first I need to get a proper 12-31 mm helicoid.

I also experienced that the 10mm Fisheye needs extreme care when trying to get close- for not getting contact, better start at close distance and move away
Did not know that the front element is that soft- so far I managed to avoid complications.

Steinar Kibsgaard:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on July 17, 2020, 00:40:26 ---That would be a very expensive and awkward approach to getting a ultra-wide for the Z50 :)

The AF 10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye will function on the Z50 via the FTZ (though, only manual focusing). This Fish is very sharp and likely miles ahead of older designs in terms of image quality. The AFS 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye zoom lens should not be overlooked either. Can do service on either DX or FX format cameras.

--- End quote ---

I will never sell my Nikon 10,5 - I was stupid to do it (wanted new camera-stuff) but bought it quickly again ;) - Therefore I also keep the Nikon 7100.
I use hemi-software to convert sometimes when needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version