Author Topic: Put the masks down. The crisis is over.  (Read 2949 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Put the masks down. The crisis is over.
« on: June 27, 2020, 16:26:56 »
Note : that's not a selfie. Df, 300/4 PF wide open. By the way, while the background blur is generally very good, the FG blur may look bizarre (see the foliage).
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Put the masks down. The crisis is over.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 18:42:30 »
I hesitated to view large, even though the purpose is to see if the foreground really looks that strange.  :D

Hope you (still) safe.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 20:57:37 »
I went out early this morning to walk on the mountain without shirt and now you got me thinking if my choices are good or not...  ;D

I really like the concept, the center body surrounded by green. The placement and skin tones makes me think of Frazetta (without the epic)The Moon's Rapture or Cat Girl. I did view it large and have nothing to complaint about the foreground thou

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 22:50:29 »
Thanks Akira, I'm more or less confined since July last year, so COVID did not significantly affect my lifestyle, much more sorry for the others though. I just have to avoid crowded places, that's all. Fortunately, there is a big green area about 15' (by walking) from home, the former citadelle and northern ramparts. And, while I do not cross many people there, it's reasonably fun. Currently, Madame and me are taking the inventory of the plants there.

Golunvolo, the point is not the shirt, but the belt :)

There is not much of a concept in the photo, the guy walked in front of us and I had to shoot quickly. The brightly lit trees in the back are a godsend; I did not have to summon them.

I had to look up Frazetta, thanks for giving me an opportunity to revise classics.

The "objectionable" part of the foreground blur is not to be found on the grass, but rather at the twigs at mid-height, 1/3 from left edge. It does not look bad, but very different from the rest.
Airy Magnien

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 23:22:04 »

Golunvolo, the point is not the short, but the belt :)
 ok   ;D

There is not much of a concept in the photo, the guy walked in front of us and I had to shoot quickly. The brightly lit trees in the back are a godsend; I did not have to summon them.

I had to look up Frazetta, thanks for giving me an opportunity to revise classics.

My pleasure. I´ve always love his work. I hope you see the parallelism with the dark leaves as vignetting centering the light of the main character with "luminous" skin and the  bright background.

The "objectionable" part of the foreground blur is not to be found on the grass, but rather at the twigs at mid-height, 1/3 from left edge. It does not look bad, but very different from the rest.
I see. Still, a bit of interest for my eye more than "objectionable". Other may differ of course

Thanks for sharing it!

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 23:52:36 »
Same theme (mask down), same lens, same aperture, different subject.
Airy Magnien

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 23:54:15 »
You captured a gorgeous expression of her.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 00:04:46 »
Yep. And the lens did not spoil the shot either - good bokeh, AF spot on.
Airy Magnien

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 07:37:27 »
Beautiful capture, and good boked indeed.

Ethan

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 18:39:44 »
I went out early this morning to walk on the mountain without shirt and now you got me thinking if my choices are good or not...  ;D

I really like the concept, the center body surrounded by green. The placement and skin tones makes me think of Frazetta (without the epic)The Moon's Rapture or Cat Girl. I did view it large and have nothing to complaint about the foreground thou

Besides dropping names, maybe you care to explain what Frazetta's "The Moon's Rapture" has to do with this image or what is the correlation?
It can't be the butt-crack visual? Is it? In which case I would understand the mooning and the bone.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 20:39:12 »
I actually did, two post bellow: I hope you see the parallelism with the dark leaves as vignetting centering the light of the main character with "luminous" skin and the  bright background. I did "drop the name" because the image jump to mi mind eye right away... but that´s just my mind making connections.

andrewbrosig

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Andrew D. Brosig Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 14:32:24 »

Golunvolo, the point is not the short, but the belt :)
 ok   ;D

My pleasure. I´ve always love his work. I hope you see the parallelism with the dark leaves as vignetting centering the light of the main character with "luminous" skin and the  bright background.

I see. Still, a bit of interest for my eye more than "objectionable". Other may differ of course

Thanks for sharing it!

I honestly didn't see the "objectionable" twigs until you mentioned them. I don't find them too distracting at all; I think they blend into the foliage in the mid-ground/background well.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 20:37:06 »
Not too distracting indeed, I'd say even pleasant, but "melting plastic leaves" (as I'd describe them) are nevertheless a surprize in that context.

That being said, I've been a fan of that lens from day 1.
Airy Magnien

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 23:09:15 »
I don't find the foreground oof elements objectionable in the slightest.  Nothing extraordinary, but then again, that isn't the 300 PF's domain anyhow.  Looks great to me.
-Tristin

andrewbrosig

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Andrew D. Brosig Photography
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 18:13:41 »
I too don't find the foreground distracting. Exposure puts it enough into the shadows that I think it blends well. If it was more open (lighter) I might feel different.