Author Topic: rabbit-crushing heat  (Read 2252 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
rabbit-crushing heat
« on: June 02, 2020, 01:16:33 »
Df, 50/2 AI @f/4, close to MFD. Processed with capture NX-D. Model : Suntory.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: rabbit-crushing heat
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:26:02 »
So cute!

Did you name him/her after the Japanese brewery company?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 01:33:36 »
Yes. Predecessors were Akebono and Wasabi. When the saga started, my kids were jp culture fans (they still are). Suntory owes his name to “Lost in translation “, our favorite movie, my son & me.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 04:31:04 »
Yes. Predecessors were Akebono and Wasabi. When the saga started, my kids were jp culture fans (they still are). Suntory owes his name to “Lost in translation “, our favorite movie, my son & me.

A touching story.

I had been official translator for David Matthews, a great jazz arranger who started his career as musical director for James Brown and is famous for his works at CTI, and he recommended me to check out the movie.  Shortly after I saw the movie on a rental DVD, I was assigned to translate for Claude Nobs, the originator of the Montreux Jazz Festival, at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Shinjuku.  That was the very hotel in which the movie was shot.  Many of the "extras" were actual workers at the hotel.

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 11:50:33 »
A touching story.

I had been official translator for David Matthews, a great jazz arranger who started his career as musical director for James Brown and is famous for his works at CTI, and he recommended me to check out the movie.  Shortly after I saw the movie on a rental DVD, I was assigned to translate for Claude Nobs, the originator of the Montreux Jazz Festival, at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Shinjuku.  That was the very hotel in which the movie was shot.  Many of the "extras" were actual workers at the hotel.

You probably know that Claude Nobs deceased on January 10, 2013, a fortnight after having an apparent simple ski fall. He is also remembered as “Funky Claude” in Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” song, referring to the infamous fire of the Montreux Festival building, when an over-enthusiastic fan had thrown a flare during their concert.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 13:06:31 »
You probably know that Claude Nobs deceased on January 10, 2013, a fortnight after having an apparent simple ski fall. He is also remembered as “Funky Claude” in Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” song, referring to the infamous fire of the Montreux Festival building, when an over-enthusiastic fan had thrown a flare during their concert.

I didn't know about the direct cause for his passing, but, of course, I knew he died in 2013 and the song "Smoke On The Water" referred to him in its lyrics.

Actually, I interviewed Roger Glover on the phone a couple of days ago.  Deep Purple will release their allegedly last album in August.

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 21:27:14 »
Actually, I interviewed Roger Glover on the phone a couple of days ago. 

Impressed.

I understood Roger was sacked from Deep Purple at one stage.
Are they now reconciled?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 22:50:10 »
Impressed.

I understood Roger was sacked from Deep Purple at one stage.
Are they now reconciled?

Roger once left the band but turned out to be essential.  He even produced a couple of the band's albums after he had returned.