Author Topic: Burzynski gear still accessible - see homepage link  (Read 2589 times)

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
Burzynski gear still accessible - see homepage link
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:48:34 »
There is the rumor that Burzynski gear is not available any more - this information was also part of discussion here -I'd like to tell you that it is wrong.
Just had a phone call with Rainer Burzynski and he is still running his small business (bad rumors that he had shut down were even spreaded on purpose he told me).

He now has got a rudimentary Homepage and E-mail (lack of that made it a bit difficult to contact him in the past)

Here is the link to the page with all contact information (if you'd like to call him from outside germany you'd need to add +49 insteadof 0 and should be able to talk german, probably spoken english wont work too well):

http://rainer-burzynski.de/

So you if there is some wish for special gear you can still order the very special Burzynski tripod head, "car-window-pod" and all sorts of special accessories for tripods and monopods like quick release plates, Lens collars, lens caps for superteles, levelling adapters, screws, and nature photography acessories directly from him.
He also provides a small paper based catalogue (not on the homepage so far)
Wolfgang Rehm

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
Re: Burzynski gear still accessible - see homepage link
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:01:57 »
Thank you, Wolfgang!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:12:45 »
Thank you! Good news indeed :)

Very limited internet page, one really need to know for this to work, I guess he likes to keep this service low volume sales...
Erik Lund

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 08:55:19 »
Thank you, Wolfgang!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

thedutchflyer

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:30:56 »
Thanks , Wolfgang
it is every time a pleasure talking with him and dealing with his craftsmanship.
Although sometimes very difficult getting him on the phone,
hopefully it will be more comfortable with the new eMail.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 12:04:27 »
Good to know Burzynski still is in business.

The tripod heads are fabulous. Only nitpick is with the choice of plastic material for the locking handles, but it's a small matter to exchange these for stainless steel or similar. Erik did that on mine (and his own).

Apart from the need of occasional cleaning-out of accumulated dirt and grime, my Burzynski heads unperturbed soldier on year after year. They certainly will outlast me.

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 22:29:54 »

Very limited internet page, one really need to know for this to work, I guess he likes to keep this service low volume sales...

I just wrote him an E-Mail and recommended to upload his catalogue as pdf-file.
As far as I can see he tries to balance his efforts to have some revenue but is not willing to run big business any more as he is in beyond retirement age - and he is more of an technical enthusiast enjoying solutions for practical problems than a merchant.

He also serves as a distributor for selected other products. I aquired first my Sachtler ENG-2CF and then a tuned and modified  Sachtler FSB8fluid-head from him
Wolfgang Rehm

thedutchflyer

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 09:37:18 »
 - same here. ;)
R.Burzynski told me he is living far away from a city in a very green and lonesome place.
Very quite and loving it this way, but far away from technical logistic support ( Telekom e.t.c.).