Gear Talk > Other

Nikon Wireless transmitter utility pairing problem

<< < (2/5) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
As I don't participate on "social media" there is no need for me to send images in the middle of nowhere. However, I agree this approach is infinitely easier than hauling a laptop with you in a remote location.

Z50 being different than its larger Z siblings does not support GPS directly; one has to let the NMEA positional data enter through Snapbridge on a smartphone. This solution has lower geographic accuracy than having a GPS receiver directly plugged into the camera, but is much better than no GPS at all, and saves the extra effort of synchronising the camera with an additional GPX log later.

MFloyd:
Birna, with regard to SnapBridge GPS, did you had a look at the parameters in SnapBridge ? Because the default precision setup is quite loose - I guess to save battery power -  There are 3 settings: High, Medium and Low precision. It has all to do with the GPS data refresh frequency; the inherent precision of the device - in my case, an iPhone X - doesn’t seem to vary.

Birna Rørslett:
It's set to 'High Precision'. Which, obviously, is a relative concept.

MFloyd:
My need for precision is about in the 5 meter range. Which might be insufficient in a lot of applications.

Zang:
Meper, were you able to resolve the issue? I am having the same issue trying to pair Z5 with the wireless utility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version