Gear Talk > Other

Nikon Wireless transmitter utility pairing problem

(1/5) > >>

MEPER:
I tried to connect my Z50 to my PC via Wireless transmitter utility without success.
I can get so far that pairing starts but when I start the utility on PC then Z50 does not show up as it should.
I guess it could be something with Firewall. I use Kaspersky Internet Security and in Firewall settings Nikon Corp. is among the trusted vendors.
I have not found a place where I can open for at specific port and if I could I would not know which port to open.
Has anybody some experience with this?

I could of course try to turn Firewall off to see if this helps. It may be next step. For now I take the card out of Z50 and put it in PC reader to transfer files. 

MFloyd:
Have you tried SnapBridge ? Last versions quite work decently.

Birna Rørslett:
Z50 and Snapbridge combine to  one happy couple. I have set up Snapbridge to only transmit GPS data, but tested it can do image files as well.

However, in many situations transferring the files from the card though a card reader would be the better option.

MEPER:
I will read about Snapbridge. Have never used it.
I have always just pulled out the card from the camera to transfer files to PC and maybe this is the better solution anyway…….it seems.

MFloyd:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on May 09, 2020, 18:27:20 ---Z50 and Snapbridge combine to  one happy couple. I have set up Snapbridge to only transmit GPS data, but tested it can do image files as well.

However, in many situations transferring the files from the card though a card reader would be the better option.

--- End quote ---

Definitely a better option.

But when I am in the middle of the field and when I need to immediately broadcast some selected pictures to social media, it’s a cheap and efficient alternative compared to the burdensome setup of an SMTP server and the like. Noteworthy to mention: you can now forward NEF files, you are not limited anymore to JPEG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version