Author Topic: Extra shot  (Read 2594 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Extra shot
« on: April 25, 2020, 21:33:14 »
Today I've received a bunch of meat I had to photograph for a website. I have extra time and a unicorn.

No health issues here, I get to eat it afterwards  ;)

Nikon d850, 60mm 2.8 micro

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Extra shot
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 21:42:07 »
V2  ;D

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 23:59:28 »
Last one is best. More DOF., hence sharp meat, which means more contrast with the smooth unicorn. Also, the "arch" (not made of marble) looks right.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 00:21:25 »
Today I've received a bunch of meat I had to photograph for a website. I have extra time and a unicorn.

No health issues here, I get to eat it afterwards  ;)

Nikon d850, 60mm 2.8 micro

Good to know you stay safe, Paco!  Are these the ribs of Cerdo IbĂ©rico?   Unicorn looks cute.  Nice idea.

Airy, nice to see you posting!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 17:01:59 »
Last one is best. More DOF., hence sharp meat, which means more contrast with the smooth unicorn. Also, the "arch" (not made of marble) looks right.
+1
 maybe paint the pink unicorn hair in red meat colour?
Thomas Stellwag

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 18:56:45 »
Thank you guys for stopping by and commenting.
   It looks like the second one gets more attention.
   Airy, happy to see you here too.
   Akira, the meat comes from cows, specifically from "vaca de trabajo", that is a old cow with less hormones and more flavor. The meat is aged for a longer time than usual as well.
   Thomas, tried it but it lessens the differentiation for my eyes. Feel free to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 19:12:09 »
I find most of this dry age stuff optically disgusting. In my shots I would try to balance this out with wood and knife...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 19:55:08 »
I find most of this dry age stuff optically disgusting. In my shots I would try to balance this out with wood and knife...
Also the white background, while suggesting cleanliness---often a desired trope in the world of commercial food---seems maybe a bit too clinical?  Maybe there has been too much medical news these days?
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 22:08:05 »
Also the white background, while suggesting cleanliness---often a desired trope in the world of commercial food---seems maybe a bit too clinical?  Maybe there has been too much medical news these days?
  It definitely may but the overall image set up was decided before the alarm state. The owner wanted the product to be the sole point of focus. There were of course a few attempts to present it on a plate, table, reflective matter and wood, with no luck.  ::)
   Interesting. If you recall from previous posts I'm sharing the confinement with my cousin. He was asked to do the job originally and now we are on it together. He wanted exactly the same. Even asked for the knife you used in Granada as a prop  :)

Thank you very much for your input

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 22:43:06 »
I probably have very strange vision but did no-one else see two creatures standing toe-to-toe  and nose-to nose with arched-necks ?
I can even see eyes and faces in those two ribs!

The unicorn is superfluous!

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 23:03:24 »
I probably have very strange vision but did no-one else see two creatures standing toe-to-toe  and nose-to nose with arched-necks ?
I can even see eyes and faces in those two ribs!

The unicorn is superfluous!

Very perceptive. They are supposed to look like dinosaurs. I added the unicorn because of my goddaughter at an extra shot for her  ;)

Thanks Ann

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 11:22:26 »
Unicorn beef,,, I'm sure I would offend some girls out there if I posted this  ::) ;D ;D
Erik Lund

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 13:15:10 »
Why not Unicorn Beef?  After all, horses are consumed by humans in some parts of Europe!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Unicorn beef,,, I'm sure I would offend some girls out there if I posted this  ::) ;D ;D
Hugh Gunn

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 16:03:28 »
Why not Unicorn Beef? 

I think Eric meant that in the minds of some youngsters, Unicorns are a protected species
And definitely very hard to spot...  ;)

Ann - love your imagination,  and yes this interpretation also works!

Hi Paco, I salute your inventiveness, but would rather have attended the second part of the session, once you'd put your camera away and got the grill pan out!