Author Topic: Nikkor-O 2.1cm question  (Read 1526 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Nikkor-O 2.1cm question
« on: April 07, 2020, 12:30:04 »
will it hit the shutter of the Z6 :o :o :o

will it hit the shutter of a D!?

i am aware that some lenses that go-deep into the lens mount will hit newer shutter as they are closer to the front compared to older ones.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Nikkor-O 2.1cm question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 13:08:18 »
It will not hit the shutter on the Z6. However, you need a third-party adapter to mount it as the FTZ won't work. Results are not very good and frankly the 21mm f/4 Voigtländer Scopar delivers far superior performance. The 2.1cms lens, not being retrofocus in design, simply does not suit a digital camera. The same might be said of the CV 21, however the images don't look that bad even on the Z6. It is after all a much more "modern" lens just 15 years of age compared to the 2.1 cm that now is 60+ years old!!

NEVER try to mount 2.1cm Nikkor on any F camera unless it's the early models such as Nikon F or F2. Later models lack the in-camera lock to keep the rear end of the lens from rotating whilst it is mounted and thereby it will crush the camera mirror. I speak of personal experience :(

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 19:27:02 »
NEVER try to mount 2.1cm Nikkor on any F camera unless it's the early models such as Nikon F or F2. Later models lack the in-camera lock to keep the rear end of the lens from rotating whilst it is mounted and thereby it will crush the camera mirror. I speak of personal experience :(

Isn't this Nikon's only breech-lock lens?

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 19:32:25 »
Sort of, yes. There is a locking ring you  twist to make the lens click into position. The salient point here is that this assumes a mating lock on the camera side otherwise the rear end of the lens would rotate as well. This in turn crashes the camera mirror and it doesn't matter whether the mirror is safely up as there is no room left anyway when the rear element is positioned incorrectly.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 05:07:24 »
thank you very much. I guess it has a skirt that will hit the mount on the camera? shame  :'(

i only wanted one to play with :o :o :o
and repair ::)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:34:29 »
If I ever be able to locate my #2 sample, you can get it for free :) That lens disappeared during my last move, out of Oslo. Must be somewhere, though.

paul hofseth

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 15:18:59 »
nr 2 may well be my old one. I made a mount to fil my Leica and was quite pleased with it using Kodachrome.Not having anything better serving the same purpose tp compare with.

The fairly symmetric design makes for nice sunstars while the short focal length ensures good depth of field. I acn still appreciate my old slides from snowdrifts up in the mountains. Being accustomed to keep photoequipment in pockets hence knocking them about, the end bit of the viewfinder unscrewed and disappeared together with the rear viewfinder element. Upon asking Nikon for a replacement I was told I was lucky to get the missing bit since they did not usually keeep such stuff. The ussual way of fixing stuff so it would not fall off in the past before cyano acrylate , was by using Araldite epoxy glue which I probably did. 

p.