Author Topic: April 2020  (Read 40654 times)

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Re: April 2020
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 19:07:06 »
C-19 quarantine, hail storms, strong winds, and life could do with an improvement. Today, I got the much awaited printed version of my treatise on Norwegian duckweeds. That is a milestone at least. Now, were summer to arrive and I be outdoors hunting for duckweeds and other fascinating stuff. One can only dream on.

Congratulations Birna!

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 19:15:24 »
Seeing people outside is so nice. Spain has everyone inside and it is raining. Feels like a different country.

Birna, congratulations! I love the images you share here, I´m guessing some of those end up in the book? I like you choice of image number too  ;D

Still at home. News today are talking about an stabilization on the number of new people infected. That is better news.
  Photography wise I haven´t been active lately but today we get to play with a godox ad-200 and a beauty dish.
  Nikon Z6, 24-70 f4s, godox ad200. One light portrait
Very nice portrait, I like the B/W conversation.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 19:16:55 »
C-19 quarantine, hail storms, strong winds, and life could do with an improvement. Today, I got the much awaited printed version of my treatise on Norwegian duckweeds. That is a milestone at least. Now, were summer to arrive and I be outdoors hunting for duckweeds and other fascinating stuff. One can only dream on.
Congratulations, some good news in troubled times.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 19:26:04 »
Seeing people outside is so nice. Spain has everyone inside and it is raining. Feels like a different country.

Birna, congratulations! I love the images you share here, I´m guessing some of those end up in the book? I like you choice of image number too  ;D

Still at home. News today are talking about an stabilization on the number of new people infected. That is better news.
  Photography wise I haven´t been active lately but today we get to play with a godox ad-200 and a beauty dish.

Splendid portrait en-profil Paco.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 20:18:36 »

Congrats, Birna!

Cool shot, Paco!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ashlandish

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 22:11:34 »
Everyone, love all the flowers, actually all the images, looking forward to more...

Birna, milestones are sometimes wonderful, congratulations...

Paco, splendid portrait indeed, not surprised you noticed the number on Birna's image...
Tim Becraft

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 23:14:28 »
Congratulations to Birna on this body of work or oeuvre - and congratulations on so many levels involving many many field trips, botany, science in general, and photography!

Will it be published in English?

And Image 13 is posted here on Reply #13 as well - a double 13!  ;D

Hugh Gunn

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 23:40:29 »
Thank you all for the nice words. 

So my reply to Birna´s 13 is in the 13th place...go figure!  ;D ;D ;D

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 00:34:48 »
Must be something in the greater scheme of things to make this happen :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 01:11:17 »
You are welcome, Akira.

Same setup as yesterday (Z7-FTZ-4T-5.8cm).  Still sunny, cold freezing nights, however, minus 4.
magically poetic
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 01:12:13 »
April 2

girl with dog in empty streets

great composition
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 01:13:46 »

is it available ?
ship me one with bill.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 01:15:19 »

daring shadows. Yes!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 12:12:17 »
April 3.  Dusk color.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter