Author Topic: Vintage folder lens on Nikon F-mount bellows  (Read 1408 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Vintage folder lens on Nikon F-mount bellows
« on: March 18, 2020, 22:56:13 »
I have saved some lenses from trashed vintage 6x9 folder cameras. Mostly Voigtländer lenses. I thought it could be fun to see how they perform on a modern DSLR. So I made a setup using a Nikon F bellows. I started with the lowest level lens and did not expect a very nice result. But it seems that even and old triplet can make a decent image on a DSLR. The lens was a Voigtländer Voigtar 11 cm/4.5 set to about 8. I assume the designer did not think that I would try it out on a 24MP DX sensor. Lens is uncoated and probably designed for BW photography. But it seems CA is not a big problem. The test image was just a quick shot of a vintage watch….so nothing fancy. Just to show that lens is not that bad. The crop of the watch is 100% and then there is a couple of images of the setup. I have more lenses to try out. A coated Skopar and a Heliar (uncoated) will probably be the next to play with. I can focus from portrait distance to macro. I need a Z-body to be able to infinity focus.

the solitaire

• NG Member
Re: Vintage folder lens on Nikon F-mount bellows
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 23:50:37 »
That doesn't look too bad.

Portrait to close up is quite some useful range.
A lens I would love to adapt is the 50mm f2,8 Nikkor-O for Bronica S2, but I have not found an adapter to adapt the Bronica S2 mount to anything else yet
Buddy

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 00:23:05 »
Yes, could be interesting to try the lens for portraits to verify the bokeh.

Bronica…...a 6x6.....when I had Hasselblad lenses I also had a Hasselblad to F-mount converter. It worked very well. Think it was made by Kenko…….so it is possible there exists a Bronica converter also…..
I must admit…..I did not use the converter a lot. One reason was that I did not find any optical advantages to use the Hasselblad Zeiss lenses compared to Nikkors.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 11:43:03 »
Wonderful idea! Very nice results as well, please continue the project ;)
Erik Lund

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 12:12:19 »
you made a nice set, congrats
pls let us see a classic looking BW portrait or landscape

Thomas Stellwag

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 13:06:30 »
Will see what I can do...….landscape is not possible before I get a Z-body as with DSLR I can't get the lens to sensor distance short enough to have infinity focus but portrait is possible…….if someone will let me come close enough in these Corona days…….but it is quite fun to play with. The vintage Voigtländer Heliar 105/3.5 is said to be a great portrait lens.