Author Topic: Where do the breaths go? Corona Virus  (Read 1095 times)

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
Where do the breaths go? Corona Virus
« on: March 18, 2020, 06:48:07 »

A little reminder about keeping safe distance in these times even when outdoors. From the Yukon Quest start in early February, happily not knowing what was ahead:

May be a little too late, I also would like to share a very informative link and intelligent discussion on the Corona Virus situation for those who have not seen it already:
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Edit to add Corona Virus
Øivind Tøien

beryllium10

• NG Member
Re: Where do the breaths go?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 06:46:31 »
Øivind - Thanks for the photo and link (very sensible - chart 7 is extremely informative).  I see that fortunately Alaska has only 9 cases as of this evening, hope it stays that way.  Nothing photographic in my post, so I'll stop.  Stay well - John

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Where do the breaths go?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 08:32:01 »

Thanks beryllium10. I think someone sent that link to the Alaska governor, as he consulted with the author and the line of measures changed abruptly from a more moderate line to be pretty much as extensive as everywhere else. The exception is that they did not cancel the Iditarod sled dog race that was already under ways but did move checkpoints out of the villages. (Norwegian Thomas Waerner won after a very strong performance, congrats! )  We have to hope the best, but it is likely going to last for a long while. Even if we can slow it down here in Alaska we will have to keep trying to be sequestered from the rest of the US to avoid travel related cases to keep coming in. (It is currently prohibited to travel outside Alaska on university business).
Øivind Tøien