Author Topic: March 2020  (Read 58058 times)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Member
  • Athens, Greece
Re: March 2020
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2020, 18:02:59 »
Akira very nice red!
Bent I’ve got all I need to do the same job and even the same  light source :)
Thanks for the tip

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2020, 18:08:45 »
Being stuck inside in quarantine isn't my favourite pastime to put it mildly. I managed to sneak out at night and grab a few Tussilago farfara flowers coming into bloom along the road verge outside, though. This kept me occupied for a while, doing comparison shots with my UV-Nikkors 105/4.5 on the monochrome NEX-5N and the Nikon D3200. I used a separate lens for each camera so I could shot the subject rapidly without delay for switching lenses and filters. The ubiquitous Baader U filter was used for both, rear-mounted for the Sony NEX and built-in for the D32++.

The monochrome NEX delivers sharper details and the D3200 much more pleasant colours. So they compliment each other. Below, a comparison at 100%.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2020, 18:13:40 »
Yes, a weird world. No school. And spring.

Z6  24-70/2.8

Streets are empty, no traffic on the motorways, looks like holiday season, but no option for any takeway coffee etc.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2020, 18:49:06 »
Thank you, Peter, John, Fons, Paco and Nasos!  I was simply overwhelmed by the color.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2020, 19:47:10 »
Streets are empty, no traffic on the motorways, looks like holiday season, but no option for any takeway coffee etc.

Here the traffic is pretty much normal and the stores have a lot of shoppers, although they also have many empty shelves. The Corona virus has people hoarding, reminding me of a shark feeding frenzy.

This morning my wife got to Costco at 0700 to get in line for their 1000 opening time, and there were 55 people in front of her at that hour (below you will se how she was able to determine that number). We don't hoard, but it was time for us to buy toilet paper, as we normally do, and by the time 1000 rolled around there were at least a couple of hundred, or more, people behind her in line. Costco has had a run on their Kirkland brand TP, as well as other brabds lately, and their daily delivery sells out minutes after the store opens, even with limiting each shopper to 1 package per visit. Actually, they have had a run on every brand, just like all of the other stores, who's TP shelves remain empty. Costco sends out an employee, about 2 hours prior to the store opening, to give numbers to those in line. When the store opens 30 minutes early for TP shoppers only, if you don't have a number to show they wont let you in.Those that lack a number have to wit for the normal opening time, when of course. the TP is already sold out. This number stuff became necessary due to people pushing and shoving to cut into the line once the doors were open. So at least Costco has established some degree or order. While it may seem extreme duty for my wife to go through all of that just to buy TP, it's that or no TP.

It's hard to tell who, among the shoppers might be hoarding.or like us, just replenishing their supply. As it turns out, Kirkland TP is the highest volume item sold at Costco by far, with over 1 billion packages sold annually. It's also one of the best bargains around, if one is up to the current challenges to buy any.
Carl

Nikfuson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2020, 22:54:43 »
Morning walk.
Iphone11ProMax.

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Supporter
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2020, 23:29:00 »
New life in the local Moorlands ("Strabrechtse Heide)". A good place to hide for the mandatory social isolation... Z7 & 24-70/2.8S

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2020, 07:41:18 »
Very nice Eddie, in our region we have the Regte Heide. 

More to find here https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=806.45

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Supporter
« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2020, 09:47:40 »
Thanks John!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2020, 12:05:11 »
  Sure, and you behind using it!

sometime it helps...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2020, 13:37:05 »
March 17

way of the white cloud

Z6 - 50mm f/1.8S

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2020, 14:43:11 »
Stuck inside by Covid-19 quarantine, one gets sufficient time to ponder a lot. Of life, nature, and all their ramifications. Perhaps too much time? Thinking can hurt, too.

It's eerily quiet outside and only occasionally a child or its parents can be spied moving around. The playground across the road is empty all through the day.

I put the old Fisheye 10mm f/5.6 OP on my modified Z6 and shot some depressing snapshots out the window. Then back to the computer and read the latest Coronavirus statistics from the JHU Dashboard.  On a per capita basis, Norway is in the top tier to suffer from Covid-19 impact. Even more depressing.

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Member
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2020, 15:36:04 »
Birna excellent shot and composition, depression from corona virus turned out to this highly inspired shot!!!

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2020, 16:32:05 »
Stuck inside by Covid-19 quarantine, one gets sufficient time to ponder a lot. Of life, nature, and all their ramifications. Perhaps too much time? Thinking can hurt, too.

It's eerily quiet outside and only occasionally a child or its parents can be spied moving around. The playground across the road is empty all through the day.

I put the old Fisheye 10mm f/5.6 OP on my modified Z6 and shot some depressing snapshots out the window. Then back to the computer and read the latest Coronavirus statistics from the JHU Dashboard.  On a per capita basis, Norway is in the top tier to suffer from Covid-19 impact. Even more depressing.

Allright, you must have modified your Z6 to that extent that the system doesnt revert into crop mode which is what happens when i mount the 10mm f/2.8.
Corona or not here in the Netherlands i can still go out and work but i dont mingle socially is not my job anyway.
The idea to lock oneself up literally doesnt appeal unless it supports a higher purpose a private contemplative retreat but that will need to go beyond any neurotic thought processes.
Dont worry about this virus business too much is my idea.
Best to you all, and make this passage safe and sound!

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2020, 16:33:26 »
spring is arriving 2/200VR on D850
Beautiful, bold yet with subtlety Frank