Author Topic: Greetings from Oslo, Norway  (Read 1716 times)

HaraldH

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Greetings from Oslo, Norway
« on: January 25, 2020, 00:04:32 »
Hello,
I have been lurking for a while. I am getting into photography again after a number of years without a proper camera. I am using a Panasonic gx80 and bought a Nikkor-p 105 mm f/2.5 on a whim. What a wonderful piece of optomechanics! And I appreciate how manual focus and aperture slows down the process of photography. I have subsequently bought a few more vintage Nikkors, all in near mint condition: A 85 mm f/1.8 K, Nikkor-H 300mm f/4.5 and in the mail a Nikkor-S 5cm f/2. These will be used with either a plain K&F F-mount/m43 adapter or a Viltrox 0.71x power booster.

The stabilized image sensor in combination with focus peaking and EVF with 10x magnification makes focusing quite easy.

And who knows, I may eventually get a matching full frame body - film and or/digital.

Cheers,
Harald

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
Re: Greetings from Oslo, Norway
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 00:23:03 »
Welcome Harald!  The 105/2.5 is a legend on this forum as you will find.  Just wait until you get to experience it at the proper focal length without being wrangled through conversion elements! ;)
-Tristin

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:54:22 »
Welcome to NikonGear! Enjoy ;)
Erik Lund

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 16:01:42 »
a warm welcome to one more Norvegian in our ranks!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

HaraldH

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 00:03:18 »
Thanks for the welcome!
Well, whaddyaknow, just today when I picked up my Nikkor-S 5cm f/2 in the mail, I also happened to buy locally a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5. It is such a joy to use. Lovely lens!

Cheers!