Author Topic: D850 AT 9 FPS ON THE CHEAP.  (Read 2342 times)

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
D850 AT 9 FPS ON THE CHEAP.
« on: December 14, 2019, 11:27:36 »
I have put together a kit of 3rd party parts   grip EN EL 18 battery BL5 MH 26 charger to give you 9 fps for £180. ( make an offer special for NG )These have sold well to Portugul /france/germany   but not for some reason in the UK . If anyone is interested its item no xxx
Saves a lot of messing about particularly as getting the right battery and grip is critical if its to do 9 fps.

Moderator Edited, according to our 'For sale' guidelines:
This Classified Ads board is open exclusively to Supporting Members of NikonGear. We do not allow any kind of commercial trade or marketing even when an NG Supporter runs such business outside the site.
Always listen to old people or when they die you live on in ignorance

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: D850 AT 9 FPS ON THE CHEAP.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 20:30:12 »

Seems Reasonable. I paid 429€ for the grip alone plus 179€ for two batteries and the charger from Patona and 13€ for the BL5-cap
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 14:37:35 »
I have put together a kit of 3rd party parts   grip EN EL 18 battery BL5 MH 26 charger to give you 9 fps for £180. ( make an offer special for NG )These have sold well to Portugul /france/germany   but not for some reason in the UK . If anyone is interested its item no xxx 
Saves a lot of messing about particularly as getting the right battery and grip is critical if its to do 9 fps.

I have the charger that's included in your kit, included in the package are adapters allowing you to charge even EN-EL4 batteries (and also Canon batteries, maybe not too interesting for a Nikonian...). So with a single charger you can charge the D-300/D300s/D700/D2H/D2X/D2Hs/D2Xs/D3/D3s/D3x/D4/D4s/D5 batteries, either EN-EL4, EN-EL4A or EN-EL18/EN-EL18a.
Naturally for D300x and D700 I'm speaking about the batteries that go into the MB-D10 grip.

Besides, with the (included) BL-5 adapter, the EN-EL18 batteries are interchangeable with the D500 grip (and also the D810 grip), so if you have one or both of these models, you're in for even bigger savings.

As a conclusion, a very good choice if you start buying your battery upgrades from scratch.

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 14:39:13 »
Sorry for the double posting, I pressed the quote instead of the Modify button...

Here is the modified sentence from previous message:

Naturally for D300/D300s and D700 I'm speaking about the EN-EL4 batteries that go into the MB-D10 grip. In this case you would need to add the BL-3 adapter.

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 16:24:33 »
Be a bit careful  ..any EN EL 18  will work for a D500 or D 810  where you don't get  a speed boost  but for the D850 you need to be careful  as I have purchased many EN EL 18s  and sent many back as they are no good for the 9 fps.  Even batteries of the same make can be problematical  and the suppliers have no idea what you are talking about.
If you just want the battery that is in my shop on the site

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:01 »
Sorted 10 available

chambeshi

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 11:15:41 »
Late 2017, faced with the high cost to get to 9fps, I bought via Amazon the Mccoplus cloned grip and Wasabi clone of the expensive Nikon dual charger, and two by Hahnel ENEL18 from LCE in UK. This solution was a substantial saving at the time. Later I added an OEM ENEL18b, which also charges fine on the 3rd party charger. I fail to detect any differences in performance between Hahnel or the OEM ENEL18b's.

Anyway, 2 years later this much more affordable solution to 9fps continues to work very well. The charge meter [is Battery info in Menu] shows the status of both batteries if an ENEL15 is in the D850.

I don't know if the rumour is true, but apparently Hahnel makes at least some of Nikon's OEM batteries.

CE

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 11:37:29 »

Bought mine in Feb 2019 via amazon at a total cost of $176.96 (DSTE replacement Battery Chamber, Mcoplus Battery grip, Wazabi dual battery charger and Wazabi Power battery)....no regrets ...9fps delivered...

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 17:34:53 »
Next time I wont bother informing members of a solution they may be interested in if all I get is a list of alternative suppliers for members to read and effect purchases.  9 FPS  on the cheap ?  cost me dear.

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 19:13:55 »
Next time I wont bother informing members of a solution they may be interested in if all I get is a list of alternative suppliers for members to read and effect purchases.

You sound surprised?
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 09:37:24 »
Next time I wont bother informing members of a solution they may be interested in if all I get is a list of alternative suppliers for members to read and effect purchases.  9 FPS  on the cheap ?  cost me dear.
Sorry, but you need to be a NikonGear Subscriber and post in our thread :
https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=1084.0
This Classified Ads board is open exclusively to Supporting Members of NikonGear. We do not allow any kind of commercial trade or marketing even when an NG Supporter runs such business outside the site.
Erik Lund