Author Topic: Tokyo Station  (Read 1601 times)

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Tokyo Station
« on: December 12, 2019, 22:59:29 »
Recent quick trip to Tokyo. Z7

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Tokyo Station
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:41:57 »
JJ, you sensitively captured the atmosphere of the freshly renovated Tokyo station at night.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 12:02:43 »
JJ, nice Street shots.   I like the idea of the first but what happened?    Looks like camera was not stable.  I like the last image the most.  So what lens for these and what lenses are you using?  I am using the kit 24-70 and Sony lenses most of the time.  The Nikon 58 1.4G is very nice.  The 70-200 f4G gets quite a bit of use.   I've only used the Leica M, Voigtlander VM and Zeiss ZM lenses in testing MF around the house so far but have not been shooting any where as much for the past few months.  My 50 1.8 S just arrived with my wife from UK a couple of days back.
I've shot a few birds with the afs 80-400m 300 2.8 G and 500 f4 G but birding has been very bad so far this season.
All the best,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 00:08:06 »
JJ, nice Street shots.   I like the idea of the first but what happened?    Looks like camera was not stable.

Thank you Tom and Akira
It was crappy technique! Unlike the D800/850 which was good to go, I still havent worked out the Z7. The AF is different from DSLR and I have few opportunities to work it out with street shots vs stuff around the house. Akira has seen my rough grab and go style which worked well for me with D850 but same settings not so successfully with Z7. I took about 30 shots in a quick walk around and about half were not sharp. You only know when you return home 3 days later and get onto the computer - almost like taking film again.

I've only got the kit lens (24-70) and 50 1.8s - (that is a formidable lens - almost as good as the M APO-Summicron 50mm). I had debated bringing others but this was not a photo trip so I brought the small native lenses only.

Here are a few more - all around the station. (Akira - I got caught up in a crowd of about 1000 young women at Tokyo International Forum - sixTones were there). You'll see nothing super sharp - the Z7 is not as forgiving as a street shooter for me

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 02:04:52 »
LOL, I'm pretty sure that you are much more informed of the J-pop scene than I am!  I had to google sixTones.

I thought Z7 would facilitate your shooting style thanks to the IBIS.  Maybe the camera blur was caused by its rather short grip?  I still appreciate the "moments" you captured, regardless of the amount of blur.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 13:45:13 »
JJ, maybe my Z6 was a better choice for me.  I really like the 1st and 3rd of second set.    Shooting the a7rii for Street in Varanasi I normally was using MF lens and sitting down so much slower.  Even with IBIS I usually shoot people at 1/125 min.   Even then I can get subject motion blur if someone moves quickly.  It will come, just keep shooting  :) .   With my mobility problems the stairs in 2nd image are very daunting  :(
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India