Author Topic: Nikkor 35/2.8 PC (late version)  (Read 7243 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: Nikkor 35/2.8 PC (late version)
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2019, 23:38:02 »
Thank you for sharing your experience.  I agree that CA is not something to be worried about when the image is for sharing on the web.  But I'm still curious.

I usually correct CAoM anyway.  I like to watch how it is corrected by magnifying the edge of the image 100%.   ::)

I'll be happy to do some pixel-peeping for you, and to see if CA autocorrection works, and to what extent (in LR or Capture). That will happen somewhere next week.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 00:11:04 »
I'll be happy to do some pixel-peeping for you, and to see if CA autocorrection works, and to what extent (in LR or Capture). That will happen somewhere next week.

Thank you, Airy.  I'm looking forward to the result without urging you.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2019, 17:41:20 »
Airy, thank you for your generous Christmas gift!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2019, 18:05:13 »
I also want a "piece of mind", a tad of your talent to use whichever equipment enters your hands to produce great pictures
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2019, 22:06:57 »
I'm happy to see samples of this lens.  After posting a thread on a future 35 purchase, this one piqued my interested.  Especially after having spent a month shooting with a 17mm shift, the freedom in composition was fantastic.  While this lens doesn't look like it produces anything special, shift is a blast.
-Tristin

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2019, 10:12:40 »
While this lens doesn't look like it produces anything special, shift is a blast.
My opinion too - shift invites to slow down think a bit more than usual. It is not as useful as 30 years ago regarding "perspective control", given than P.C. got more easy in post-processing. Now it is more about "photographer control"
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2019, 10:14:02 »
I also want a "piece of mind", a tad of your talent to use whichever equipment enters your hands to produce great pictures
too kind. There is a German compound adjective that suits me better I guess - "experimentierfreudig"
Airy Magnien