Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

CPU chips and hardware for sale: Call for interest

(1/14) > >>

Bjørn Rørslett:
[First posted 16 June 2014 - 22:37 on FZ]

Except of the original article follows;

Just a short notice to announce I once again can take orders for CPU prints for virtually any lens in Nikon 'F' mount. These prints can be tailored to match specifications of the host lens, even providing the exact focal and aperture range of zoom lenses to the EXIF data. (This feature is not available with any other third-party CPU print as far as I'm aware of).

The hardware is displayed below. This is the ultimate means of making your favourite 'F' mount lens that more functional. After CPU modification you will get a lens that can be used with any 'F' mount camera to give full metering capability. Also extension tubes, bellows devices, preset lenses, etc. can be modified in this manner. The modified lens can be programmed to operate in 'P' or 'G' mode and will keep metering accuracy in either mode (unlike some other products left unnamed).

I provide CPU layouts optimised for a wide variety of host lenses. Some will require the short 5-pin contact block, others can or should use the longer type (7-11 pin block). I can negotiate sales of the blocks (original factory spare parts). Shoot me a PM. USCamera.com is a good source of long blocks. Do look into the contact assemblies say for the 12-24 Nikkor, as this is the better kind in quality terms.

I have seen *many* modified lenses with quite roughly positioned fixing screws  (not my own or Erik's, of course). Thus I'm considering to offer template jigs to allow precision drilling. You will need separate jigs for short and long blocks as their fixing holes are not identically located. Again, contact me for details.

Prices are tentative slashed 15-20% compared to earlier years. Exact prices depend on order size etc.

The batch run referred to soon was sold out. However, in order to give the opportunity to more people to upgrade their old F-mount lenses, I intend to set up a poll in order to verify there is sufficient interest for a new production run.  Within the scope of NG, Erik Lund can assist in making the conversion if you don't fancy yourself being or becoming a certified NG nerd !

Please cast your vote(s) in the Poll above.

Øivind Tøien:
Great to see this call for interest. Perhaps there should be another choice in the poll: I have already chipped all my manual focus lenses with custom chips, but if I acquire another one (or more) I would definitely want a custom chip for it.

Bjørn Rørslett:
That's voting for Alternative 1.

Øivind Tøien:
Done!

Andrew:
Hi Bjorn!

Recently I got repro nikkor 85/1.0 lens.
Can you, please, find the chip for this lens?

Cheers

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version