Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

New-Nikkor 35/2.8 article!!!

<< < (2/2)

Roland Vink:
The focus throw of the AI-S 35/2.8 is 120°, compared to 195° for the 6/6 version. If you like slow, precise focusing the 6/6 is better, but I never found the AI-S to be any trouble.

The 6/6 has almost zero barrel distortion, the 5/5 has moderate distortion which is easily corrected.

The 6/6 has neutral bokeh, I think the 5/5 is a bit smoother in the background.

The 6/6 is generally better regarded but I think the 5/5 is under-rated - it's certainly better than the series-E 35/2.5 (with a similar 5/5 design), and the E lens has a decent reputation.

I have both but never compared they side by side, maybe I will run some tests this weekend. Given they are so cheap it doesn't hurt to try either.

richardHaw:
i find the 5/5 to be much sharper, with better bokeh  :o :o :o

John Geerts:

--- Quote from: richardHaw on June 07, 2019, 03:49:34 ---i find the 5/5 to be much sharper, with better bokeh  :o :o :o

--- End quote ---
Are you sure?  I have both, but usually take  the 6/6 as it is better on all accounts, especially less Distortion and nicer bokeh  (but that can be subjective)

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: John Geerts on June 07, 2019, 08:57:44 ---Are you sure?  I have both, but usually take  the 6/6 as it is better on all accounts, especially less Distortion and nicer bokeh  (but that can be subjective)

--- End quote ---

yes, at least on my samples  :o :o :o

Zang:
I notice there are quite different opinions regarding a number of Nikon lenses. That may mean the lenses have quality variation. I hate that problem as getting a good sample is like playing lottery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version