Author Topic: Lost...  (Read 4334 times)

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
Lost...
« on: June 13, 2015, 00:17:08 »
...in thought

I think as well as travelling West to Cornwall, she had travelled back in time a few hundred years.
Trying to imagine what it would have been like to live in Tintagel castle back then

1) 180mm D300
2) 18-50mm

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
Re: Lost...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 00:26:15 »
And with a change in the light, this was the view in the opposite direction

3) 180mm Pano

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 09:47:32 »
UK and unpredictable weather apparently go hand in hand  :D Makes for lots of photographic moments though.

Sooo glad my next visit will be to Ireland in a few weeks' time, surely they have a better climate to offer ?

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 22:47:20 »
UK and unpredictable weather apparently go hand in hand  :D Makes for lots of photographic moments though.

Sooo glad my next visit will be to Ireland in a few weeks' time, surely they have a better climate to offer ?

Don't keep your hopes up, especially if you go to the West. It is green for a reason...
But I am sure with any weather you will be able to extract photos and enjoy the place.
Simone Tomasi

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 00:51:30 »

It was warm and sunny all the time during these - just hazy in the distance.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Ireland. Simato is right about the reason for it being green, but I love the West of Ireland.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 20:46:18 »
I've been to Connemara and Galway twice and now it's time to show my girl friend the reasons why.

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 22:45:04 »

Trying to imagine what it would have been like to live in Tintagel castle back then

You would have developed very strong legs.  I still feel the stairs  :P  :P
Bruno Schröder

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 00:44:05 »
You would have developed very strong legs.  I still feel the stairs  :P  :P

You're not joking Bruno. Even the walk to the "entrance" from the village above is a reasonable trek.
But then again, walking up several hundred steps to the top balcony on the Duomo in Florence was also an experience to take your breath away.

Seeing some of the brutally graphic scenes depicted in the art on the high ceiling inside the dome definitely reinforced the feeling of undergoing a religious experience too:

Here, Heaven

But towards the lower edge, Hell itself!

Sorry I only have small JPGs of this trip (but I'm sure someone else has got some better versions they can post here!)
However most people only ever wander around the ground floor so maybe can't see the detail in the roof clearly enough to realise what's happening above them

antonoat

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 00:47:26 »
All great images Colin, interesting text too, glad you're here!

Tony
Tony Oaten