Author Topic: Bangalore India  (Read 13768 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Bangalore India
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 08:21:59 »
Interesting reporting. What are the differences to Mexico?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 08:59:16 »
Great series Armando, fantastic colours.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 09:02:55 »
Great series Armando, fantastic colours.
These were my thoughts also. 
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 11:01:20 »
Great sets of images Armando - thank you for sharing.  The composition, colours, and the liveliness of the subjects have all been nicely combined to make these images jump out from the screen.

You seem to be able to extract excellent images from the V1.  So sad that Nikon failed to promote its 1 Series and KeyMission camera lines and left them to wither.  Sort of snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in both instances.  Very strange behaviours for me to understand.
Hugh Gunn

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 11:43:18 »
Great series, Armando! I love your views on the markets.
I also had a chance to visit Bangalore and Mysore in December (a much shorter trip from Singapore!) and was very impressed.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 15:59:30 »
Tommie , weather at this time of the year was only slightly warmer than home and less cool in the mornings, traffic is certainly different, and yes there are a lot of smells in the streets, or almost anywhere, one of the teem members described it as a very odorous experience
John, right, amazing colors all over
Akira, the flower market with the abundance of color, merchandise and busy merchants was the highlight of my street wanderings
Frank, thanks for commenting the differences I'll try to describe in a separate post
Fons, Pluton, thank you
Hugh, thanks I did try to keep a decent composition
Olivier, you did make it to Mysore ! The locals suggested it but thinking of additional 4 hrs after just landing was discarded and the whole group just stayed in Bangalore
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 16:26:50 »
Interesting reporting. What are the differences to Mexico?
Frank , my answer would be based on my short experience in India, only 6 days, and only in Bangalore

Bangalore is considered the technology capital of India, and Guadalajara (GDL) in Mexico may be considered the same
Bangalore has 12+ million inhabitants, Guadalajara has 5 million
Weather in January is slightly warmer in Bangalore, reaching 30°C and 15°C in the mornings, Gdl is in the 20s and below 10 in the mornings
The streets in general are cleaner in Gdl
Horn is not used nearly as much in Mexico
Women use their traditional dress much more in India than in Mexico
A large market in Mexico in general keeps produce and merchandise on tables above the ground
Cows are not free on the street in Mexico
India has kept their original religions, Mexico is now mostly catholic
Food in India is cheaper, portions are very generous and flavors are intense and delicious, their spicy food is hotter than in Mexico, I gained weight during the week in India
Our hosts in India were very warm and looked into every of our needs, I felt at home
People at work are very capable and professional
Traffic in India while appears chaotic is fluid, tolerant and adapts quickly to unforeseen events, the horn is used as a mean of prevention to let other drivers know where you are, this at low speeds works very well with little traffic jams, drivers in Mexico are intolerant and have a sense of a right to be where they are, often resulting in aggression and traffic jams whenever there is the slightest disturbance to normality on the road
They wobble their heads making their body language some times confusing
Armando Morales

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:04 »
Armando, I also enjoy your observation of the street of Bangalore in comparison to that of GDL.

I love Indian food but was kind of shocked to know its spice is hotter than that of Mexican food!  Yes, many Indian restarurants seves very hot food here in Japan as well, but I've always avoid those "authentic" ones.   :o :o :o
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 04:48:39 »
Your photos made me so happy Armando. I wish I was there in Bangalore to show you around especially the lesser known nooks. Food in every states of India are very different from another. Bangalore being more of a cosmopolitan city, you get to try quite a few different styles of Indian cuisines.
I am glad you visited Bangalore and had an unique experience. Hope it was enjoyable in-spite of all the honks and pollution. :)
Anirban Halder

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 05:18:03 »
Your photos made me so happy Armando. I wish I was there in Bangalore to show you around especially the lesser known nooks. Food in every states of India are very different from another. Bangalore being more of a cosmopolitan city, you get to try quite a few different styles of Indian cuisines.
I am glad you visited Bangalore and had an unique experience. Hope it was enjoyable in-spite of all the honks and pollution. :)

Hey, Anirban, long time no see!  How are you?  Hope you would visit and post more!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 04:00:21 »
Thank you Anirban !
It was indeed enjoyable
Armando Morales

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 15:32:51 »
Hey, Anirban, long time no see!  How are you?  Hope you would visit and post more!
I am good Akira. Hope everyone here at NG is doing well as well. I will be back soon!  :)
Anirban Halder

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 19:54:58 »
They wobble their heads making their body language some times confusing

*Chuckles* That goes for Bengal too, and  many other parts of the country ! I hope you could see some traditional dance (with bangels and Al). Those dance codes are a complete language (including the wobbling head  ;) ) and some of those codes can be found on Etruscan tomb sculptures, easily read by top level Indian dancers  8)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.