Author Topic: MacBook Pro??  (Read 13585 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: MacBook Pro??
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 22:36:48 »
I have a MBP 15” 2016 with the latest OS and version of Lr & Ps CC Cloud and Classic: with the exception of some minor sync problems, everything runs fast and smoothly.

I finally upgraded to Mojave, MacOS 10.14.4, I have found no issues, and I specifically waited for the .4 update on my Macs to avoid some earlier bugs. I too use the latest Adobe Cloud versions of Ps & Lr, with no issues there either.

If anyone is having problems with the Adobe software I would not hesitate to call Adobe Support. They have always been very responsive when I've had troubles.

As long as we are talking Macs, users should be aware that we are getting very close to the point where Apple will stop supporting 32 bit software. Forewarned is forearmed.
Carl

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 23:11:13 »
I would be very cautious about getting a new, current-model Macbook pro until the issues with the new keyboards are sorted.  Reports of MBP keyboards going bad are legion, and IMO one might be best served---right now---buying an slightly older model until we know that Apple has fixed the problem.
Here's a short article about it-
https://ifixit.org/blog/10229/macbook-pro-keyboard/
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 00:52:12 »
I would be very cautious about getting a new, current-model Macbook pro until the issues with the new keyboards are sorted.  Reports of MBP keyboards going bad are legion, and IMO one might be best served---right now---buying an slightly older model until we know that Apple has fixed the problem.

The latest MBPs (late 2018) onwards have upgraded keyboards.  The linked article relates to the previous model.  I would not buy that model, which was where the problem was most significant.  I have the late 2018 model, which has so far performed beautifully for me, even at the far end of the world.
Anthony Macaulay

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 01:59:07 »

Hmmmmm. the last laptop I had was the Titanium G4, so I am not up to speed on later models. Some folks like chocolate while others like vanilla, I'm a desktop guy.  ;)
Carl

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 20:46:26 »
The latest MBPs (late 2018) onwards have upgraded keyboards.  The linked article relates to the previous model.  I would not buy that model, which was where the problem was most significant.  I have the late 2018 model, which has so far performed beautifully for me, even at the far end of the world.
Good to hear.  Thanks for the updated info.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 23:27:23 »
Good to hear.  Thanks for the updated info.

I just checked with one of my sources to see if the issue has been resolved and he said "people/reports say not". He recently replaced his MacBook Pro, but he's a very light user of his laptop, doing most of his typing on desktops. You'd think that after this much time they would have fixed this problem, but apparently the threat is still out there.  :(
Carl