Author Topic: Nikon D750 and 28-50 Ai-s lens  (Read 5198 times)

phlash46

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Nikon D750 and 28-50 Ai-s lens
« on: November 04, 2018, 18:43:20 »
Have set it up in non-CPU section as 28mm and f/3.5, but, I cannot change the aperture from f/8 in A mode. ???

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Nikon D750 and 28-50 Ai-s lens
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 20:01:12 »
Did you select the aperture on the aperture ring and it is stuck?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 20:07:44 »
You do have selected the correct non-CPU lens entry? If so, the aperture read-out should change when the aperture ring on the lens is rotated. That is,*if* you have set up the camera to use the aperture ring and not the default, viz. the camera dial.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 20:13:09 »
Birna: I guess he tries to select aperture from the dials
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 20:17:06 »
Too many users never realise what the default configuration entails on their Nikons. This again leading, inter alia, to nonsensical statements about the aperture ring being superfluous or non-functional on a modern Nikon. All modern Nikons except the most lowly D3xxx-D5xxx models support the alternative configuration in which you are are allowed to set aperture directly on the lens (if the lens has an aperture ring, of course; otherwise, the camera falls back to "G" lens mode).

One additional reason for getting "stuck" on a single aperture is the camera is in P program mode, thus changing the shutter speed not the aperture value.