Author Topic: Regte Heide  (Read 31114 times)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
Re: Regte Heide
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:39 »
The view on the area of 'Regte Heide' seen from the top of the highest building in Tilburg, Westpoint  (140 meter). A windscreen blocks the 'perfect view'.

D700    AF 80-200/2.8  at 200mm

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 22:20:26 »
In 2009 we had a lot of snow. This is one of the markers of a hiking route.

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 01:56:03 »
I am enjoying the entire series.  Love the color of the latest image!
-Tristin

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 20:18:36 »
Thanks Tristin.

Forgot to mention this was shot with the Nikon D80- AF-S Nikkor 17-35/2.8 

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 20:26:38 »
I like that composition and colors. It tells the story of a relaxing walk on a cold but sunny day.
Peter

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 00:14:27 »
Thanks Peter.

Halve Maan ven.

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 22:09:55 »
John, I only now noticed this thread and read the 3 pages of interesting background and enjoyed the photographs. Exactly my kind of terrain!

I didn't know the Regte Heide as such. Areas I visit frequently however are Millingerwaard, which starts just on the Dutch side of the Dutch/German border at the height of Arnhem, and of course my beloved Groote Heide/Heronger Heide near Venlo/Nettetal. Again on the Dutch/German border.

Both areas do not have this many permanent water features, most likely due to their geographical position.

Another area I like to visit from time to time, but which is more of a mix of pine/leaf forests speckled with heathland and moorlands is the Meinweg which spreads out all the way from Roermond/Wassenberg (Dutch/German border) south to the Brunsummer Heide. That is the area I grew up in.
Buddy

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2016, 23:36:14 »
John: I like to go to a nature place to shoot animals and landscape. A quiet meeting in the landscape ... like wetlands by a huge river like the Rijn .... Buddy, you are in?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2016, 23:57:51 »
John: I like to go to a nature place to shoot animals and landscape. A quiet meeting in the landscape ... like wetlands by a huge river like the Rijn .... Buddy, you are in?

Frank, if we form up a small group (I would even be in if we formed several small groups split up over a few weekends) then I do know a place or two where we could walk around and take pictures. And I would love to see new places too.

Smaller groups do work better in my opinion because when out in such an environment we would move a lot. Getting the good shots would mean we would have to wait for others to complete theirs before moving on too far. I know that for me, when walking through nature, I find myself in a state of mind that could best be defined as "in the zone" for lack of a better description, and if we organise something like this I would want to give everyone a chance to find their state of mind as well.

Sounds complicated, is simple. Find location, find ech other, keep groups small and be prepared to walk a lot. Carrying a light bag helps there. I normally carry no more then 10 kilos on such occasions. When with Kristina, she carries the dog supplies, I carry the camera gear. We normally travel about 10 kilometers in 4-5 hours time, which includes kneeling down, sitting down and lying down to get the shots we want.

Yes, I would most certainly be in (as soon as the car is fixed). :)

As far as animals go, Millingerwaard has wild horses, Stevensweert has wild cattle. Both are quiet approachable, as long as you are cautious. Kristina and I spent an afternoon surrounded by 40-50 wild horses in Millingerwaard. That was a "once in a lifetime" experience as the horses grew so accustomed to our presence that they rolled thorugh the dirt, let their foal come within arms length of us and behaved as if we were not there at all. At one point I had to carefully shove the horses away from Kristina who was sitting down and was surrounded by horses. As with all animal encounters, I can not guarantee that we would meet them on a next visit.

I will use the occasion for a single picture in what I do consider to be Johns thread. For that reason, I'll post the link only.

https://flic.kr/p/sMj7Az

Ok, here is another one

https://flic.kr/p/tJg1Mp
Buddy

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 00:15:59 »
Thanks Buddy.  The Regte Heide is a kind of unique area. Water (river), wetlands, high grounds, Keltic graveyards, woods and lakes.

Frank, I agree with Buddy about the smaller groups. And what is important too, never on a Sunday, as it may be too busy.  I usually pick the moments when it's as quiet as possible. 

Perhaps it's best to open a special topic about a nature-landscape-animal walk. I am certainly interested ;)

'a Saturday walk' 

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 01:25:30 »
Good. Buddy. John. Kristina. Frank. The Dogs.  I have a car that works reliably. Dogs can sit in the open trunk.
I am weather resisant. Within 10 Kilos I can take 3 bodies, many lenses, water, food.

In nature I can make a tripod from natural artefacts.

More via PM.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 01:26:23 »
John. Perfect shot in #39

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 01:27:27 »
Thank you, Jakov. 

Well, the 'problem' is, the same tree, which is rather prominent near the grave hills, has been captured 'in full' many times  ;)

very special edit!

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 23:19:31 »
I would be interested too. I usually do this kind of walk alone when looking for animals but I guess landscape or nature would work well in a small group. Regte Heide looks very interesting.
Bruno Schröder

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 23:46:23 »
Thanks Frank.   

Fine Bruno, always welcome.  Sometimes a guide can be helpful  ;) 

One from today, same subject as #1  Iris pseudacorus  nearly one year ago.

But now with D600 and 17-35/2.8