Author Topic: November 2018  (Read 76772 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: November 2018
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2018, 22:59:07 »
Pink power, nikon z6+el-nikkor 80mm 5.6

that is very bjørnesque!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #421 on: November 29, 2018, 00:27:23 »
Thank you Frank, I appreciate it.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2018, 01:17:07 »
Apart from Birna being the one partial to pink, I totally endorse Frank's statement.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #423 on: November 29, 2018, 12:03:45 »
I love the effect you obtained here John.
Thanks Colin.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #424 on: November 29, 2018, 16:32:09 »
November 29

pink

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2018, 18:14:22 »
Oliebollenkraam already there.  According to the dictionary 'traditionally eaten at New Year's Eve'.  Helas, it can be eaten earlier....

(Also with pink)  ;)

D850  85/1.4 AF-D

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2018, 18:43:57 »
handrail
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2018, 20:39:05 »
Buenos Dias Fellow NikonGearettes,

Gary is in a mood to write ... consequently you NikonGearettes may be my victims.  Gary takes a sip of Colombian Supremo, delish.

In the last week Mary Lou and Gary watched a few movies and shows.  Alpha is a Netflix movie, a fantasy based upon man's initial domestication of the dog about 20,000 year ago. A fun watch. Miss Maggie, (our Wheaten), loved Alpha and she watch the entire movie.  Maggie was quite amusing watching the Tv with her popcorn. Another Netflix we enjoyed last week was Woman Walking Ahead, a very interesting movie about the last days of Sitting Bull.  For the theater, Gary highly recommend Border. A very very odd Swedish movie with subtitles (at least here there were subtitles). Gary could tell it was Swedish because of all the Volvos and Saabs.

Gary is back at the keyboard.  It has been raining here and Gary just finished emptying the rain barrels, fishing out a ton of leaves from the koi pond and getting soaking wet. The rain has eased up a bit, Gary has to run off and walk the dog.

Back again from the morning walk with Maggie and a quick break to toss on some dry clothing. Yes, the movie Border ... it is a very very odd movie, but Gary highly recommend it despite the mediocre cinematography.

Gary discovered The Maverick Theater, a little theatre in Fullerton (next door to La Mirada). It has two stages, one stage seats about 60 people and the other maybe 100.  The theatre is so small that no audio amplification is necessary for the actors. It is wonderful place with a bar (a plus) and a lot of the shows are all about fun and not serious topics. The first show we attended was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde which was was not only quite well done but also made us fans of the venue. The next show in October was Night of the Living Dead.  There were zombies coming out of every crevice, window and doorway. A cornucopia of flesh eating and severed limbs. The play was a ton of Halloween fun. Then there was Plan 9 From Outer Space, a marvelously stupid and funny play based on possibly the worst movie ever made. Lastly, Mary Lou and Gary watched Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, simply two hours of Christmas fun. On Tuesday, Mary Lou and Gary attended a play at The Mark Taper Forum, a theatre in the Music Center complex in downtown Los Angeles (DTLA). The play, written by a local playwright, was centered on a Mexican-American family and a Japanese-American family during WWII with special attention on the Japanese-American internment camps.  OMG, it was knocked Gary completely flat it was soooo good.  Gary could relate to the play on so many different levels. The play deeply touched Gary. Gary doubts if the show will ever play outside of California, but if you ever have the chance, it is a must see. The Mexican-Americans were sharecroppers for the Japanese owner, the two families working side-by-side in Cupertino, CA. When the war came, the Mexican-America family took care of the farm until the Japanese-Americans returned from the camps.  The daughter of the Japanese-American family and the oldest son of the Mexican-American family fell in love. The only son of the Japanese-American family was killed in France with the 442nd Infantry Regiment and the youngest son of the Mexican-American family was with the 2nd Marine Division and died on the beaches of Tarawa. In spite of all the difference, the Mexican-Americans and the Japanese Americans found common ground to unite the families and prosper.

The play touched Gary because he grew up in a small agricultural community 20 miles east of Los Angeles. Some of my best friends in high school and college were of Japanese descent.  Gary's father was in the first wave of Marines at Guadalcanal and my uncle, (mother's brother), also a Marine was severely wounded on Bougainville. (One of two survivors of an ambushed patrol.)  Even though the Japanese were the enemy in a life-or-dead environment ... Gary's father and uncle never spoke badly of Japanese-Americans and welcomed them into our home as if they were family. In college Gary's Japanese-American  friends and he would either go sushi hopping or discover new taco stands every week.  A college photo professor of Gary was imprisoned at Manzanar. Gary's Japanese-Americans friends invite Gary to work on an oral history project composed of stories gleaned from internment camp survivors. The project turned into a book and was published. Gary can only thank his parents and also California for his liberal attitude towards races. Gary feels this attitude is pretty much pervasive throughout California. Out here, who you are, is more important than, what you are.  In California we are not afraid of differences ... we celebrate them.

Later,
Gary

PS- Miss Maggie shot with an iPhone
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2018, 21:17:26 »
I love Miss Maggie

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2018, 02:05:52 »
I love Miss Maggie

Miss Maggie is wonderful, full of personality and loves everybody ... most likely even you Frank.  ;)
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2018, 02:09:17 »
Birna, thanks. Being a big fan of your work I take it as a huge compliment.
It looks like more pink has come along today  :D

I printed the file to get a sense of the z6, straight jpg conversion of that image printed at some 60x90 cms (largest possible today) and it looks fantastic.

Today´s image: the blues

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2018, 12:21:16 »
Christmas decoration in the Frederikstraat (with some help from the sun)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2018, 12:21:46 »

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:21 »