Author Topic: Today's thought...  (Read 1445 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Today's thought...
« on: September 01, 2018, 10:00:41 »
Truth and Light
Seems many differing definitions these days....
These are the steps in Panjim , Goa, leading up to the Bombay High Court.  Last time I stopped to shoot them it was in a driving rain.  Still Monsoon now but an unusually sunny morning.  Sony a7iii, FE35 f2.8 (yes J.A., I am using it more  :) ).  Handheld from my car (not jeep).  Not great photos, just quick snaps
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Today's thought...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 17:44:30 »
Indeed the phrases mean a lot today.

I'm interested to hear the sound of these sage words in the original Hindi (or Sanskrit?).
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: Today's thought...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:57:44 »
Akira, I am not the one to ask about Hindi  (or Sanskrit) :( . Interesting but all High Court proceedings are in English or ,at least they were until the new Government.  If you look at languages by numbers of people speaking, India has around 5 of the top ten most spoken.  High Court Judges can be transferred to any part of India so English is the common language.   I can remember only one judge in Goa who spoke the local Konkani but only heard him speak it once to a very old lady who was allowed to speak directly to him.    Normally only the Advocates are allowed to speak directly to the Judge.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment
All the best
Tom

Tom Hardin, Goa, India