Author Topic: DJI Mavic 2 Pro announced  (Read 6376 times)

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
Re: DJI Mavic 2 Pro announced
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 19:06:03 »
dpreview state that it has 8gb internal memory??

The images look promising  .....I am looking forward to you sharing more of your experiences, and results.

Cheers
Bez

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 19:19:53 »
For tinkerers amongst us, yes you can switch the Zoom and Pro cameras between the models:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOffXi_UUow

Seem a little strange that they did not offer this as a feature combined with more camera options like a fisheye, tele, night vision, etc.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 19:30:27 »
dpreview state that it has 8gb internal memory??
Yes it does but fills up very quickly when shooting with the default 4K video which where in the internal memory indeed but the pics somehow ended up on my phone before using an SD card. Changed the video resolution to 1080 for now so I can fool around a little with the photo and video settings a little easier without too many storage restraints.

Its just me being a complete noob btw and not having the patience to read that far into the manual  ::) ::)

Flying is so much fun btw and being able to fly over and around my property makes getting to know the drone a lot easier and is a perfect excuse to spent more time outside. This morning I enjoyed blending flying into my outside morning coffee ritual which turned out to be a perfect combo :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2018, 20:05:08 »
Its just me being a complete noob btw and not having the patience to read that far into the manual  ::) ::)

I am a little concerned that you looked at the manual at all. But relieved you only gave it a cursory glance before flying it :-)

Nice gaff Jan Anne ....impressive!

Cheers
Bez

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2018, 11:15:59 »
Had my first crash yesterday, the metal fence that separates the meadow from the rest of the property was a little overprotective and apparently didn't approve my low to the ground training exercises. Was practicing circling around a stationary object but came out of the orbit a little to fast and in the wrong direction  ::)

Though it was a pretty hard crash the drone came out unscathed, just had to unfold one of the legs again and do a reboot to recalibrate the crooked camera. So the Mavic 2 seems to be a tough little drone which is good to know for a first time flier who thinks he can skip training in the slow tripod mode ;)

Talking about crashes, within 48 hours of activating the drone you can signup for the DJI Care Refresh service which entitles you to two replacement drones for a little additional fee. This service is a little overkill when you just stick to going up and taking areal images but might be more beneficial when the intended purpose also includes learning the more complicated (high speed) flying techniques. As I intend to do both I signed up for the service for some peace of mind when learning crazy moves or letting others have a go at this unique experience.

Here's the details of the DJI Care Refresh service:
1. Replacement Service

DJI Care Refresh is created by SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or "DJI") to give you peace of mind. DJI promises to provide replacement products if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a covered aircraft and/or specified gimbal and camera, battery and propellers within the period of validity. DJI has a relationship with an insurance company that covers the cost of these programs.

2. Coverage

If damage occurs accidentally to your aircraft under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested. The replacement units will be in new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced.

Some important details are listed below:

1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.

2) If you choose to apply for a replacement under DJI Care Refresh, your original aircraft needs to be returned to DJI and a replacement service fee will be charged. After replacement, the original product becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining period of the Plan.

3) DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. DJI Care Refresh only supports aircraft purchased from official or authorized channels, and its benefits are only eligible in the region where it was purchased.

4) DJI will cover shipping fees only in the country or region where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. Otherwise, the customer will bear responsibility any shipping and customs fees caused by sending the product from another region. DJI has the right to refuse service in this circumstance.

5) DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for replacement of your aircraft twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated.

6) For Mavic 2, the covered gimbal under DJI Care Refresh is only for the gimbal with its serial number bound to the aircraft. If the gimbal was replaced in DJI’s official repair center (DJI’s official repair center mentioned in the agreement refers to DJI’s repair centers, official recommended repair centers, and authorized repair centers), the coverage stated in the agreement will be updated automatically and the replaced gimbal will be covered by DJI Care Refresh. The other gimbal that is removed from the aircraft will not be covered.

7) The first time replacement fee is EUR 119, the second time replacement fee is EUR 139.

3. Exclusions

The service does not cover:

1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.

2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.

3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.

4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.

5) Deliberate losses.

6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.

7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.

8 Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.

9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.

10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.

11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.

12) A gimbal that is repaired or replaced in a non-official repair center.

13) A gimbal that is removed from the aircraft and replaced by another one in DJI’s official repair center.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2018, 11:55:39 »
Please share some more footage, video and stills please  :-* 8)
Erik Lund

Bjørn J

• NG Member
  • North of the Arctic Circle
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2018, 12:26:32 »
I am still trying to find out if I need a Mavic 2 Pro, or if my two P4 Advanced is just as good. I have been reading all there is to read about the M2P, and watched all the videos there is to watch. At least it feels like that.
The biggest advantage the M2P has over the P4A or P4P is of course the portability, it is so much easier to bring along on hiking trips. It also has some very nice new features like hyperlapse, and the active track (follow) mode is better and more precise.
But I am not convinced that the image quality is better on the M2P, on the contrary it seems the P4P and P4A in some situations gives better quality, both in terms of sharpness and colour.
There is a rumour that DJI will release a Mavic 2 Pro with built-in screen on the controller, that is interesting, both my P4A's have that. The screen is twice as bright as a phone or tablet, very convenient in sunshine.
So for the moment I will resist my DAS (drone aquisition syndrome), I am still happy with my big, white noisy bumble-bees.
Bjørn Jørgensen

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2018, 21:08:12 »
Tried f/8 for some more DOF but the image seems less sharp than at the lower apertures so might have hit the diffraction limit.

Also forgot to turn on the RAW capture once again so here's a JPG from last weekend pulled through Silver Efex.

There was a very local dark cloud passing over while the sun was out which enabled some interesting shots :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2018, 21:57:49 »
Interesting shot. On the horizon I see some towers, possibly electrical transmission towers. How for away are they?
Carl

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2018, 22:05:29 »
Jan, what sort of ceiling height can be achieved (or permitted)?  Can you get up to the cloud base?
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 22:37:33 »
Nice! I want one 8) ::)
Erik Lund

Edgy01

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2021, 09:13:54 »
Jan, what sort of ceiling height can be achieved (or permitted)?  Can you get up to the cloud base?

Height is a function of the country you fly in.  In America we are held by FAA to 400 AGL.  I love my Pro2.  The inch square imager is incredible!