Gear Talk > Camera Talk

DJI Mavic 2 Pro announced

<< < (2/9) > >>

Bjørn J:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on August 23, 2018, 22:45:21 ---You probably remember the amazing aerial Lofoten shots from BjørnJ, he took those with a Sony RX100 fixed to a big DJI Phantom drone if my memory is correct.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, JA. Since then I have purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced + . It has a camera with the 1" Sony sensor, and incredible stability - it is possible to take photos with several seconds shutter speed. These photos are from this summer, the panorama of the golf course is 5 or 6 photos stitched. I simply rotated the bird between the shots. The tif is 130 MB.
The Mavic 2 Pro is highly interesting, the camera is certainly at least as good as the one in P4A or Pro. Same sensor, but maybe a bit better electronics. And the Mavic has of course the big advantage of easier transportation. The Phantom needs its own bacpack.
I haven't tried the Mavic, but some say the Phantom is a little more stable in wind because it's heavier. I also like the built-in screen in the Phantom plus-models, it's twice as bright as a phone or a tablet. Great in sunshine.

Jan Anne:
Thanks for the update Bjørn, and impressive images as always :)

Jan Anne:

--- Quote from: Erik Lund on August 23, 2018, 21:27:45 ---Always wanted one, just difficult to get an overview of the offerings  :o

--- End quote ---
Though I would like to venture into video soon and the Mavic 2 Zoom seems to be the ticket for making cool videos for social media purposes the photographer in me wants to go for the Mavic 2 Pro with the 1" sensor and "Hasselblad" camera so thats the one I've just pre-ordered.

Hopefully the drone will be here in a few weeks so you can get some hands-on experience when you guys come over for the Photokina visit :)

Erik Lund:
That would be amazing ;) wow!

Bjørn J thanks for the update ;) Yes gret images as always !

Bjørn J:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on August 24, 2018, 13:31:17 ---Though I would like to venture into video soon and the Mavic 2 Zoom seems to be the ticket for making cool videos for social media purposes the photographer in me wants to go for the Mavic 2 Pro with the 1" sensor and "Hasselblad" camera so thats the one I've just pre-ordered.

--- End quote ---

The "dolly-zoom effect" with M2 Zoom is impressive if used with care. I read somewhere that the Mavic 2 can not record video in 4k at 60fps, as the Phantom 4P and 4A can.
The Mavic 2 Zoom has a smaller sensor, but it has a super-resolution mode, where it takes 9 shots at 48mm and stacks them into one 48MP photo with a field of view as a 24mm. Interesting feature, I wonder how it works in real life. Could be great for landscapes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version