Gear Talk > Camera Talk

DJI Mavic 2 Pro announced

(1/9) > >>

Jan Anne:
With all the commotion of the announcement around the Nikon Zee platform I kind of forgot that DJI also scheduled the announcement of the Mavic 2 drones today.

In case you missed it like I did, here's the info:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=homepage

And the review from my favourite Youtube tech reviewer iPhonedo of the Pro version with the Hasselblad camera and the 1" sensor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Hks_NieMk&t=0s

I have been waiting for a long time for an update of the Mavic Pro as I wanted all the capabilities of the bigger drones in a small foldable travel friendly package and now finally the second iteration has the 1" sensor, adjustable aperture and collision avoidance sensors on all sides which were missing on the original model.

Plan to order one soon, anybody else interested?

Erik Lund:
Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Always wanted one, just difficult to get an overview of the offerings  :o

Jan Anne:
You probably remember the amazing aerial Lofoten shots from BjørnJ, he took those with a Sony RX100 fixed to a big DJI Phantom drone if my memory is correct. The Mavic 2 Pro has the latest version of the RX100 sensor and the Mavic 2 drone is less than half the size of te Phantom and folds up to fit in a backpack or camera bag :)

But DJI didn't make it easy by announcing two flavours of the Mavic 2, the other one is the Zoom which has a smaller sensor with a 24-48mm equivalent optical zoom range which provides more creativity for filming like the dolly zoom effect.

MFloyd:
The DJI Mavic Pro is a fantastic machine - my son flies one - but the image quality was a little bit on the weak side. The 2 (not the zoom one) is good news, allowing to level up from the current smartphone picture quality.

Have you noticed the Hasselblad tag ? Hasselblad was recently acquired by DJI. Let’s just hop that Hasselblad doesn’t fall back in their hately habit of rebadging.

Erik Lund:
Very nice review, creative and fun  8)

So nice this drone, funny with the Hasselblad camera,,, seems so wrong to see such a small item with Hasselblad logo  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version