Gear Talk > Camera Talk

DJI Mavic 2 Pro announced

<< < (8/9) > >>

Erik Lund:
Please share some more footage, video and stills please  :-* 8)

Bjørn J:
I am still trying to find out if I need a Mavic 2 Pro, or if my two P4 Advanced is just as good. I have been reading all there is to read about the M2P, and watched all the videos there is to watch. At least it feels like that.
The biggest advantage the M2P has over the P4A or P4P is of course the portability, it is so much easier to bring along on hiking trips. It also has some very nice new features like hyperlapse, and the active track (follow) mode is better and more precise.
But I am not convinced that the image quality is better on the M2P, on the contrary it seems the P4P and P4A in some situations gives better quality, both in terms of sharpness and colour.
There is a rumour that DJI will release a Mavic 2 Pro with built-in screen on the controller, that is interesting, both my P4A's have that. The screen is twice as bright as a phone or tablet, very convenient in sunshine.
So for the moment I will resist my DAS (drone aquisition syndrome), I am still happy with my big, white noisy bumble-bees.

Jan Anne:
Tried f/8 for some more DOF but the image seems less sharp than at the lower apertures so might have hit the diffraction limit.

Also forgot to turn on the RAW capture once again so here's a JPG from last weekend pulled through Silver Efex.

There was a very local dark cloud passing over while the sun was out which enabled some interesting shots :)

CS:
Interesting shot. On the horizon I see some towers, possibly electrical transmission towers. How for away are they?

Seapy:
Jan, what sort of ceiling height can be achieved (or permitted)?  Can you get up to the cloud base?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version