Author Topic: Hello from Virginia  (Read 1659 times)

Luke Miller

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Luke Miller - Photographer
Hello from Virginia
« on: June 26, 2018, 18:04:45 »
I've been a Nikon shooter since I purchased an F2 in the Yokosuka Navy Exchange in 1974.  Moved to digital in 2002 with a D1, and have kept current as the new bodies were released. Now my main bodies are the D810 and D5.  I'm trying to bond with my D850, but it has been challenging.  Other bodies include a Df which hosts all the manual focus primes I've acquired since buying the F2.  Most used lens is the 70-200 f2.8 VR1, with the 24-70 f2.8 (non-VR) second.  I'm trying to lighten the load a bit, so using the AF-S 24-120 f4 VR plus primes much more often now.  Most used prime is the AF-S 58mm f1.4.

I participate on several Nikon forums and find this one to have the some of the most knowledgeable posters online.  I am a long time lurker and very happy to be a new member.

Luke Miller
Rural Virginia

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
Re: Hello from Virginia
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 18:38:00 »
Welcome on board, Luke.
Bruno Schröder

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:24:00 »
Welcome to NikonGear ! Enjoy ;)
Erik Lund

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 16:49:07 »
People like you bring more knowlege to this place already loaded with competence. It can take a lot of time to find a useful answer elsewhere .... looking forward to your contributions! And see that this is a very friendly place with lots of people knowing each other in real life too which makes for a next to troll free place.

Enjoy this place online and offline!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/